UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

march 23

Jazz

Spent an enjoyable weekend watching Crufts  live on youtube. I used to compete in Obedience and did repreesent Scotland in the Inter regional competition several times.

I calculated  it is 25 years since I last competed. Some of those  competing then were still competing- one  is 80 years old. I wouldnl't manage a Crufts round of over 7 minutes heelwork now but ti brought back happy memories.

Seeing how they have aged made me feel old.

We had solid heavy rain all morning resulting in flooding on the  main road here.  It seems to have eased off now but everything is sodden now.

At least we are not getting the snow.

• Like 1

Car windows frozen this morning but soon cleared.  It is still very cold. It is supposed to get warmer on Thursday.

Had a text to advise may have a power cut for a couple of hours from 10.35am but so for power still on.

There is a fault in the area that is being fixed.  Hopefully, it  the area is on a different circuit. 

if your disabled, or know anyone, make sure council tax is disability rate. dont let your council tell you it doesnr exist as it does. if you have a wheelchair (I just had it in the room) check what your councils criteria is, but basically that was mine. as a single person, I pay £18 a month

• Like 1

After  a wet morning it has dried up and is reasonably mild. 

I ventured out to walk to Ikea as I am looking for a chest of drawers for my spare room. and new kitchen appliances.

After walking there, walking round Ikea and walking home I was in dire need of a sit down.  A coffee and a piece of shortbread have helped to restore me.

i am more confuse than ever now as the ovens were 'forced air' ovens. No idea what that means. I just know fan ovens. All hobs were induction hobs which also seems to be the current trend. 

The modern world is moving too fast.

It i s pot luck whether I get in to the forum these days.

i got an appointment sent for a spring covid vaccination.  I have managed to avoid covid so far.  It is still going around here. My grandson had it recently,  and then some of his classmates had it.

A mild day today. I went shopping and then thought I would get some work  in the garden in the  afternoon but is rained. Not a lot, but enough to make everything wet again. 

• Like 1