UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

march 23

Jazz

Thanks for starting March for us, Jazz. Blackmagic, hope you can avoid the covid.

Icy wind and intermittent showers here. Had an hour's walk from home around the village this morning, Finley enjoyed smelling where all the dogs had been. Perfectly behaved. Easy to please, this lad. 

Finley sounds a poppet. A good match.

All fine so far. 

Continues to be cold and wet at times butt he sun has made a brief appearance today. I want to repot a rose but it is too cold out there.

Wish warmer weather would hurry up.

Not much chance next week as it is set to become colder with frosty nights.

Got butternut squash soup to make today.

• Like 1

Been quite a nice day. I managed to get some gardnein done , at last 

I received some perennial  roots from Netherlands tdelivered oday so went to Asda for compost and potted them up.

I spent some time building my little plastic greenhouse- one support in and one popped out, rinse and repeat. Managed it eventually so plants are tucked up inside as cold, frost and snow forecast from Sundau night.

I also managed to plant some potted snowdrops I bought weeks ago but it has been to cold for me to plant them out.

All in all, a productive afternoon.

• Like 2

I also have a little plastic greenhouse, was very fiddly to put together. The more delicate plants and those who don't like getting soaked, such as decorative thyme species, are in there for the winter. We have snow forecast for tomorrow night, then thawing again but back with a vengeance on Thursday night. Then rain and fog next weekend. Have stocked up with everything, staying put. 

Another sunny but cold day.

i have a problem this morning.  Opened front door to bring in milk and now it won't close. One of the pins that should fit into a slot in the frame is hitting the frame preventing the door closing.  Local handyman is coming this afternoon to hopefully  fix it.

I think the door has dropped as there is a similar pin at the bottom of the door and it seems to be okay,  so I think door is squint.

I am glad it is a least dry and not windy so door is remaining closed against the frame.