UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Feb 21

Jazz

Glad the morphine is helping.

The sun is shining this morning and a nice breeze, although on the cool side.

My son who lives in Romania now is selling his flat  here  so I spent Tuesday afternoon , with my other son, clearing the clutter  before  the photographer takes photos.

He used the flat for holidays and when he visited the firm's head office here and a friend  used to check it and spend weekends in it.

Now he can stay with mum so can use the money to buy in Romania.

I collected a load of  washing which is now  out on the line and should dry.

I   get my new  lighter ironing table today so can test it out.

He is in  Timisoara.

He loves it there.

His partner says  that scenery in  Scotland is like Romania but Scotland is greener

Her parents visited a year ago and her father exclaimed about the  numerous shades of green in the countryside.

They only have green grass for about a month as it is either too cold or it is too hot. Their summer temperature can be

30-40 degrees but winter can go down to minus -20.

Transylvania ( Dracula's home) is in Romania.

That was under the communist rule which ended with a revolution in 1989

When my son started working there he said the biggest problem was the workforce would only do exactly what they were told to do. They would not use their initiative as under the communists they were not allowed to think  for themselves.   He tried to encourage them to think things through and find solutions. When one girl did this the rest told her she was not to do that. He had to persuade them that that was what he wanted them to do.

There is still massive poverty in parts of Romania- the Roma people .   Some live in tunnels or under bridges. 

When Romania joined the EU travel to  other nations was possible. Many came to Scotland.

Dana told us that the ones who travelled were  the less desirable members of society  as they were the people who had the courage to do so after the restrictions of a  communist upbringing. They were responsible for the reputation that Romanians got for committing crime.

She said these people were not liked in Romania either.

She can remember being told as a child not stand at a window as it was dangerous.

think ill just put a straw in the morphine bottle, might help more lol

its amazing that other countries live so differently. we didnt know years ago, but now we know what everyone is doing. I remember people were asked to go and volunteer to work with the disabled, I so wanted to