UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Yes, the drying coats work well. Wispa was given hers as a thank you present for some tracking she did. The coat draws the moisture off the dog and then you can dry the coat out fairly quickly.

Pouring down again today. 

Glad I got sidetracked to help get the cat trap to destination yesterday. Cat was trapped this morning. Pregnant and had escaped on transport run to rescue.  Now safe in office at Nottingham Pets at Home, awaiting collection.

• Like 1

That's great that the cat has been caught. Far better to give birth in a safe warm environment.

I've made contact with a 2nd cousin twice removed in the USA. My great grandfather was her 2x great uncle. She's been able to tell me a lot about the French Canadian/American side of my family. Turns out I have loads of cousins in the USA. I knew of only one as I met him many years ago when he came over to stay with my American born grandmother who lived over here for nearly 50 years. 

The  first French born ancestor of mine who settled in Canada in 1650 came originally from in Rouen, Normandy. 

My aunt is going to be thrilled that all this has been revealed. She is the last one standing of my mum's 7 brothers and sisters.

The other day I was out the back getting the wheelie bins out for collection and I noticed what I took to be ants crawling around at the base of our back wall. I kept meaning to get some ant killer in case they got in the house but with my ever failing memory it took me about 3 days before I accomplished that. 

In the meanwhile I noticed an odd crawly on the interior kitchen wall and took them for tiny spiders so left them alone, spiders generally being good at keeping flies and other insects down. 

So today Ruby and I were making lunch and I spotted another of these crawlies on the wall and mentioned it to her. She said she'd noticed a couple on the wall behind the kitchen TV when she was eating her breakfast. We then started looking for them and found a fair number. I dispatched every one I found. We went to eat our lunch and then went back to the kitchen. Bloody hell there was even more of them.

So, on further investigation, we think they are flour weevils. We are wondering if they are refugees from next door after the new kitchen went in?? We've been washing the walls and cupboards down in diluted bleach. We did have a couple of open cereal boxes but having had flour weevils in our old gnarly, damp kitchen before we knocked the old extension down and had a new one built we've always been careful to keep stuff in plastic tupperware type boxes ever since. 

There's always something! I will be glad when we get moved.