UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Give The Goss.....

Jazz

Glad the walking belt helped you Owl and Wispa had a good walk. Strains take a long time to heal so take care with that. So sad about your friend. She obviously had her reasons for keeping it a secret. Think I'd be the same.

So sorry to hear about Jim, Blackmagic. Hope you didn't feel you had to come on here because of my post. We do all care but just post if it helps and ignore us if it doesn't. We're still here for you both regardless. Huge hugs for both of you. Same for Suzeanna xx

Owl...so sorry for the loss of your friend

Black magic, huge but gentle hugs to you and Jim

Ahhh I understand now jazz

Suzeanna...the lights scenario happened to us the other week...we didn't even get through the lights

Yantan..yes it was today, things went well until we got a email from the insurance solicitors and they have declined our case on the grounds of a Google satellite view of the roof ( which is not the original..it was a flat roof and is now pitched) they have determined the gulley centre point is the boundary.... it's not, they have decided the property out the back of 27 belongs to 27...it doesn't, it's ours as confirmed by land registry and 2 solicitors and they seem to be taking next doors version of things as right. Anyway, the lady today has agreed to cap the rate at 4 hours even if it takes a lot longer...she said we are very well organized, doing the right thing with the photos and log and she is disgusted the police didn't take action when I was threatened and said we could sue for deformation of character lol

Mum has emailed back and said she suggests they look at her case again..if we do end up going to court, we can sue them I think for not giving adequate support. They have asked us for no information at all

• Like 1

I used to be a P A for one of the partners at a firm of insurance loss adjusters Griff, and I know they aren't always as efficient as one might hope! Keep at it!

Owl, sorry for your loss.  I can understand why she kept quiet about her illness, people treat you differently when they know and it can be hard to deal with. 

Hope this weather improves before next week or we'll need a boat to get to Scotland!

• Like 1

Some good news for you at least, Griff!

I'm getting a bit worried about my back, I've got a constant pain exactly where the upper area of tumour is.  Hope it's only because I vacuumed out the car on Sunday and not a sign of deterioration, one really Cheerful Charlie on the onc team told me solemnly that if my vertebrae breaks I'll be paralysed! The onc said hastily no no, there are things that can be done but it does stick in your mind.

Going by the weather forecast the heavy rain that's coming should miss us...but going by the very dark clouds gathering, that might be wrong so I'd better get off my backside and get to grips with the miles of bindweed which seem to have sprung up overnight.  Blasted stuff!

Hopefully its nothing worse than overdoing it Suzeanna.

Bargain Griff. 

I'm seeing the doc on Friday as my asthma is troubling me and I am getting very out of breath easily.  Then I stumbled coming down stairs and went over on the ankle I injured a few years back and a slightly hurty knee is now an ouchy knee. I'll be having to hire a invalid chair to get round York a this rate.

George's new casket is on the way. I've had it engraved (straight into the wood) with his name, his dates and the words "Such a good boy". I've also got a memorial tube coming similar to the one I wear now with a little of George's ashes in plus a curl of his hair. The new one is so I can do the same for Archie. 

• Like 1

2 at a time sounds manageable Jazz. I only do one at a time with my lot. They're too strong for any more than that.

Hope you've just overdone it with the vacuuming Suzeanne. Let that be a warning to us all - no cleaning out of cars 🤣 Mine really needs it mind you. Wherabouts you going in Scotland?

Casket sounds lovely Yantan. Hope your aches disappear and you get your asthma sorted out.

Was way too hot here today. 29C and humid with it. Didn't get a lot done. Honey has had a very runny eye for the past few days. Have given her antihistamines but it's made no difference so no idea what's causing it.