UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Jawings

merledogs

I still get people asking me why I never had children. I reply that there are many reasons which I don't intend to bore people with. That usually shuts them up.

I can't imagine how people must feel when they wanted children but were infertile, or had miscarriages, or had a child die. It must be like having a knife twisted each time someone says that.

Great news about your dad, Michelle :)

Yes, I still get people asking me too. I once had a co-worker tell me I wasn't a real woman because I didn't want children. I was incredibly hurt and offended by that.

I also get annoyed when people assume my cats and dogs are my way of making up for not having children. No! I choose them over children thankyouverymuch.

Michelle I am glad your dad is progressing so well :)

Snow that sounds like a lovely evening :)

• Like 1

Michelle - good luck tackling the Ivy :flowers:

Me too Marion :flowers:

I've been busy re-doing my shrub border. Dug up three Camellias, moved them elsewhere and planted a couple of Acers and a Rhodo. I used the vertical fence slats to count out the spacing. Sod's law when I got to the second but last shrub to plant, it had to be right where the stump is from the dwarf apple tree I chopped down last year :rolleyes: I can't put it either side or the border will look lopsided. I will either have to move the other six plants or else dig up the stump, which is easier said than done. Looks like it will mean moving the plants again, which is no mean feat cos for each one I've dug out a big hole, mixed builders sand in the bottom of the hole and ericaceous compost further up and had to break up the clay soil. I'm going to have to do it all over again :mad:

When people asked me about children I would put on a sad face and say "it just hasn't happened, I can't help wondering if my husband's vasectomy has something to do with it".......................then tried to keep a straight face as they went from shocked to embarrassed

• Like 2

Exercise + dogs = impossible :laugh: When you try and do sit ups in our house, the dogs go mad and try and get you :laugh:

Just been out for a brew with my mum and dad - when we were there, I said I was trying to decide whether to go on holiday for one week in January or push the boat out and go for 2 weeks (as one week isn't quite enough). Mum has now told dad to come with me again. As much as I love my dad, the thought of going away with just me and him again fills me with dread. He did my head in a little bit, as it was just me and him and we did run out of conversation a bit. I would rather go away on my own (as I am doing in September), as I can do my own thing. I need to find myself a bloke so I can holiday with him :laugh:

Exercise + dogs = impossible :laugh: When you try and do sit ups in our house, the dogs go mad and try and get you :laugh:

Just been out for a brew with my mum and dad - when we were there, I said I was trying to decide whether to go on holiday for one week in January or push the boat out and go for 2 weeks (as one week isn't quite enough). Mum has now told dad to come with me again. As much as I love my dad, the thought of going away with just me and him again fills me with dread. He did my head in a little bit, as it was just me and him and we did run out of conversation a bit. I would rather go away on my own (as I am doing in September), as I can do my own thing. I need to find myself a bloke so I can holiday with him :laugh:

Well don't forget you are going to meet your husband-to-be on the way to Mexico. If you book for you and your dad Mr Right can just take his place. Sorted.

I am tired, need to go back to work for a rest!!

Two days then holibobs time, over tonfrance for the cycling and MIL visit. Will need a break at work after that too.

I am honest when people ask me about children, my husband doesn't want them. Many have suggested I just get pregnant and declare it an accident...I'm not that way inclined!!

ive had 2 sons, they are 23 and 25 now, and they have their own lives and I dont hear from them for weeks. so that was worth it lol

diddycar doesnt like motorways, doesnt like to go over 55, so wont do that too often. Lewis said he would rather go skydiving than go on the M25 doing 40 miles an hour lol

I am honest when people ask me about children, my husband doesn't want them. Many have suggested I just get pregnant and declare it an accident...I'm not that way inclined!!

I find it quite shocking that they consider that kind of deceit acceptable.

• Like 1