UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Alliteration

merledogs

Morning :wave:

My sympathy to those suffering with heavy bleeding. I too used to suffer as I had fibroids. I was on iron tablets for donkeys years. I had one Myomectomy (fibroid removal) so that I was able to have my son. Then the fibroids came back & I was threatened with a hysterectomy. By that time, I was a single parent (got divorced when my son was 6) and I couldn't cope with such a major operation. I'd been told that fibroids wither away after the menopause, so I thought if I could just cope until then, all would be well. As time went on, I got a cyst on my one remaining ovary (the other had already been removed) & had that removed. That, then was the end of periods for me :D

However, I was advised to go on HRT as I was only 45 & such an early menopause could cause Osteoporosis. So I took the medical advice & had the HRT tablets. That resulted in more heavy bleeding/flooding, so I had to go cold turkey & come off the HRT. That was the worst time of my life - ever! I'm now 63 and although I have Arthritis, I'm fairly sure I don't have Osteoporosis

• Like 1

Morning.

Hello Cindere :wave4:

Stand in DW is taking Archie out as our regular has gone home to see her mum for mum's birthday. She took a card from Archie with her as her mum has met Arch many times and loves him. It's written in dog speech and she is a teacher so dawg knows what she will make of that!

Archie has a wonderful social life.

My neighbour drove me to the garage to collect the crates/ useful stuff/accumulated junk from the Berlingo and I handed over keys and logbook in exchange for a decent sum for scrap. I managed to pull off the BMW badge which one of the many previous owners had cheekily stuck on the bonnet, to keep as a souvenir of what has been my favourite vehicle ever.

• Like 2

Archie does have a great social life doesn't he! LOL. The DW has just brought him back and said "oh he's such a pleasure to take out as he's so well trained. He's no bother at all. Aaaahhh if only all dogs were like Archie" so that's put a big smile on my face.

• Like 3

Awwww farewell Owl mobile

Archie sounds like he has a wonderful social life

Gooster, if you can afford the better plane to make your trip.....do it!!

i feel really cack today, will see how i am tomorrow and if i still feel bad will try to see my gp.... there is only one i will see now and she gets booked up fast but hopefully she will see me.... at least the sun is out a little bit!!!!

Gooster always go with the best you can afford ;-)

The tours are usually more, but can help you meet people and maybe mr right, we even had *me* time on ours so you don't have to a social butterfly all the time, I'd have killed someone if that was the case!!

Did you ever find out anymore on the practise for sale?

These menopause stories are not what I signed up for ladies!! (As in the reality of them rather than me not signing up to the refuge to hear your stories...if that makes sense! I like your stories, but I want plain sailing please!)

I have just been going through requirements for a system, it took me 10 minutes to get past the first two items in the glossary with the guy saying he doesn't agree...it's not open to discussion the definition is defined by the business so when you see the term you know the intended meaning! It has taken an hour for one section and there are two more to go :-(

I feel like a heel - just had a call from mil asking if she, my niece my 3yr old grand niece and my 8 yr old nephew who is in a plaster cast from his hip to his toes could pop over for a visit as my niece hasn't seen our house yet - and I said no. How on earth she thought I could manage a small child one in plaster and her with her zimmer frame and 2 dogs - one of which is wonky and the other is a sodding nightmare to try and control when anyone visits. Sal throws herself bodily on the floor on her back all 4 legs scrabbling madly so you can't grab her without risking your face getting scratched to hell or who jumps up planting her full weight into your belly & using you as a spring board, or if you shut her out then she scrabbles at the door and or walls and rips the paper or paint off. *sigh* I suppose I could have put her in the garden IF I managed to get her out there before she heard them arrive and then brought her in on a lead once everyone was through the hall bottle neck and sitting down and after Nog had said his hellos to everyone but I would still have run the risk of her yanking my arm out, scratching me or bruising me the day before I start my new job as she'd have gotten all wound up having been locked out when her "mum" was inside.

I'm now sitting here all upset and weepy when I'd planned and hoped for a quiet day not getting myself all stressed out over new job nerves - I would have loved to see my niece & grand niece and had it just been them I would have agreed to the visit, but with mil & her zimmer plus my nephew in plaster and on crutches with both dogs I honestly couldn't face it.

Aw Snow, don't stress yourself out. It probably just meant that they had to find something else to entertain themselves with, and they can visit another time. You should be proud of yourself for identifying the problems and being strong - after all you would be feeling much worse if they had visited. Deep breaths now and relax..... :) bighugsx

Snow, i wouldn't worry about it, when you speak to your niece you can explain and say they are more them welcome to visit on another occasion when the lad is out of plaster... i am sure she will understand especially if you tell her you were starting your new job and now you have Sal to deal with you didn't want to attend your first day looking like you had been beaten up! Also it is a bit much just ringing on the day... you could have easily been out, not answered the phone etc

Good luck for tomorrow too... not that you will need it, everyone will see how Fab you are!!

ooooooooooo Jazz, shiny new car.... does it have the new car smell???

Just realised I didn't reply to you griff. I will have a look into sugaring :)

Think I will fly on the new plane - just need to decide which hotel to stay in now. Have seen a nice one, which has free wifi in the rooms and bars, so I can play on my iPad. The other option would be a riu hotel, but it is a trek from the beach, and you only get 90mins of wifi in the lobby per day :unsure:

Had an interesting time at the gym tonight. Both Mr Grumpy and Mr Gorgeous were talking to me, and then when Mr Grumpy went home, Mr G kept talking to me for ages. He was stood between me and his mate who was on the cross trainer next to mine, and his mate said that one of the perks of Mr G's job is getting to look at all the girls. I told Mr G that he's a right big flirt, which he denied (he's a great big liar as well as being a massive flirt), then told me I am a big flirt :laugh: The whole evening then, he was asking what I was up to, and how many guys I have hidden at home (one would be nice :laugh: ). When I told him I was going home to catch up on my sky+ stuff, he then said it was a shame I was busy, but when I reminded him it was sky+, he then threatened to come around. He really does bring out the massive flirt/teenager in me :laugh: :rolleyes: I mentioned his OH, and he smartly dodged that question :rolleyes: Am so glad I know he is taken, as it means I can have fun and flirt, but won't be disappointed that nothing will ever happen (even though he has invited himself on my holiday - suspect he was joking :) )

(null)

• Like 1