UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Sam And Mark Countdown To Leaving The Uk Thread

rather than bore the arse off you all in RMF I thought I could do it here

Mark finishes work ( according to my iPhone app ) in 12 days , 21 hours and 1 minutes

We leave the UK in 54 days , 1 hours and 2 minutes

crap this decluttering lark is hard , not only the realisation that we are dreadful hoarders but the emotional moments ( good and bad ) that accompany most boxes coming down from our loft

Thing I thought I had left behind , emotions suppressed and not dealt with fully resurfacing and kicking me like a pair of size 10's in my kidney

Saturday night was spent shredding old work documents including notes from July 7th that I never even knew I had , other seemingly benign things like emails of meetings from 2003 take me back to happy or sad parts of my working life and the realisation of what was lost and gained when I was forced to resign

on a lighter note I am giving so much to charity shops we are now driving round looking for new ones ! I have recycled so much my carbon footprint is looking really good even with all my long haul flights

today the rubbish collectors knocked on my door and I thought it was too tell me off for putting out too many bags but it was to get me to sign for an old fridge I had put on the drive for them to collect

• Like 1

You are anything but boring honey!

Sending lots of hugs, I used to be a hoarder, full of sentimental stuff from years before. I purged and continue to purge. It was a horrible emotional roller coaster and not one I would wish on anyone.

I wish you heaps of strength to go through it all.

Love and hugs

xxx

Hope the bad emotional stuff soon passes.

My parents moved to near us last year after Dad's diagnosis. That involved dealing with 37 years of clutter from a large house, double garage, greenhouse, 2 sheds, 2 allotments & a loft bigger than many people's houses!
Yours can't be as bad as that!

I would write a book Sam once you get a minute. It is pretty straightforward to get books published now there are e books. One of the people I used to do flyball with has just had an e book published with the story of his OH's stroke and recovery (she was only in her 30s, and she had the stroke 3 weeks before her wedding). I haven't read it yet, but am planning to download it onto my kindle soon :)

Sam if you were serious about looking for a publisher I would definately have a chat with Jude Brookes at Hubble & Hattie (http://hubbleandhattie.com/) She's lovely and has donated a number of books to Oldies over the past couple of years to help us with fundraising so Im sure she would be able to offer good advice.

Thanks Amy

I am serious enough that if a publisher was interested and I had an editor ( lord help him/her ) I would do it , still think my Mum would end up buying all the copies :ph34r:

You doubt yourself way too much. The whole story of Dogstar is totally inspiring.

that would be a theme of my book ! I am always thinking about what I haven't done , or how small our team is ( its still just Me, Mark and Mo ) how heath robinson my website is etc etc

I don't need Editor I need a shrink

and a PA :ph34r:

Sam , what you( all of you) have done is remarkable. You started from nothing not so long ago and have achieved so much, not jst for the animals but for the community as well.

Don't underestimate what you have achieved and can go on to achieve.

A book would be a great way of getting the message to more people.

Go for it.