UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

"the Odd Couple" A Dogstar Love Story

Happylittlegreensquirrel

Charles Dickens said A loving heart is the truest wisdom If thats true Tashy and Kitty are two of the wisest animals I have ever met

Kitty was brought to our sterilisation clinic after being attacked by a dog , he had an abscess on his back and is paralysed. He does have rear leg reflexes but we think his bladder may be damaged. He is on treatment and our standard 72 hour assessment for paralysis

IMG_8432.jpg

Tashy is a puppy someone dumped in the road who was then struck by a car and her leg is broken , she has had surgery and a temporary pin placed by another vet but she was very dull and depressed and came to us for post op care

IMG_8445.jpg

Kitty and Tashy adore each others company , The 2nd morning Kitty was here I found Tashy had got out of her bed and was laying next to Kittys crate and Kitty was pressed against the bars purring. I decided to take them into the garden together ( the day before I had been taking them out separately ) and the results where amazing. Tashy who had been very withdrawn since her op was suddenly animated and Kitty was purring and rolling in the sun. They were joined by a visiting local pup Mo who came in for a bath but they only had eyes for each other

IMG_8739_zps8344ccb8.jpg

IMG_8737_zps0e21bd16.jpg

IMG_8741.jpg

Kittys long-term prognosis was not hopeful due to his bladder issues , but after 24 hours with Tashy he was able to produce some urine on his own ( rather than me emptying his bladder for him ) he still has a long way to go ( they both do ) but both have made huge improvements since they met

IMG_8747.jpg

Sam

Sri Lanka January 2013

• Like 2

Tashys required a 2nd operation so we have transferred her to private hospital 2 hours away from here to give her every chance to save her leg

Poor Kitty is lost with out her and has taken to sitting on my foot , his legs are improving a little each day but his bladder function is not improving

on top of that we have had reports today that dogs are being rounded up and culled in the capital ( its against the law but it happens )

Bit of a depressing day here really

Tashys required a 2nd operation so we have transferred her to private hospital 2 hours away from here to give her every chance to save her leg
Poor Kitty is lost with out her and has taken to sitting on my foot , his legs are improving a little each day but his bladder function is not improving
on top of that we have had reports today that dogs are being rounded up and culled in the capital ( its against the law but it happens )
Bit of a depressing day here really

Sorry to read this!