UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Gym And Fitness Escapades...

murtle

we are still here but battling with jet lag , 38 degrees and a mad 4 day public holiday thats centred around eating sweets / oil cakes and the giving of such products to all and sundry. Our neighbours just popped round with even more and every house we went to today invited us to eat with them !

I have managed a swim and 1 circuit work out so I am pleased with that but missing my treadmill , once I get back from Australia I will investigate the options for buying / renting one and looking at the local gym which will be an experience I am sure

My mum is crazy! I trained hard for the reading half marathon and took 15minutes off my time from last year. This included running 100miles in January, so running nearly every day. Joining a running club and joining their club runs and training runs. I ran in wind, rain, snow, and I'm sure there was a touch of sun. I ran evil hills in France and pavement pounding in the uk. As it was, the weather for the Half was so cold I couldn't squeeze a bottle near the end to get a much needed sip of water!

My mum put my good time down to: it being cold!!

She has sponsored me for my half marathon and has said she hopes the weather is cold for me again!!! Gee thanks Mum...

Edited by murtle

Got to love mums for peeing on your bonfire :laugh: :rolleyes:

Well after last week's tone and shape where it was just me, today it was full (class capacity is 15). There were lots of newbies there, including a rather large girl who ended up next to me - am not really sure why she bothered, as she didn't even try half the stuff as the thought it looked too hard. On the plank, she decided it would be just as benefical to just lie on her stomach for the minute as it would be to do the proper plank :rolleyes: I know not everyone is as able as me to do the classes, but she could have at least given it a go :rolleyes: I suspect she won't be there next week :unsure: Having said that, I am working 9-5 for the next 2 Wednesdays, so won't be going to that class anyway. I don't like it when the class is full, people crowd me and get in my way :laugh: Am thinking about trying the aqua fit next Wednesday instead, not sure whether I would like it, so might just stick to the gym.

• Like 1

My mum is crazy! I trained hard for the reading half marathon and took 15minutes off my time from last year. This included running 100miles in January, so running nearly every day. Joining a running club and joining their club runs and training runs. I ran in wind, rain, snow, and I'm sure there was a touch of sun. I ran evil hills in France and pavement pounding in the uk. As it was, the weather for the Half was so cold I couldn't squeeze a bottle near the end to get a much needed sip of water!

My mum put my good time down to: it being cold!!

She has sponsored me for my half marathon and has said she hopes the weather is cold for me again!!! Gee thanks Mum...

15 minutes is a fantastic time to take off , cold or not !

I am still here pootling along in my own sweet way.I still weigh 9 stone which is what I want to be.

I am amazed at how energetic you all are and I am in total awe of what you do :cool03:

well done you , pootling is good and all I have done on the last week as well !

Got to love mums for peeing on your bonfire :laugh: :rolleyes:

Well after last week's tone and shape where it was just me, today it was full (class capacity is 15). There were lots of newbies there, including a rather large girl who ended up next to me - am not really sure why she bothered, as she didn't even try half the stuff as the thought it looked too hard. On the plank, she decided it would be just as benefical to just lie on her stomach for the minute as it would be to do the proper plank :rolleyes: I know not everyone is as able as me to do the classes, but she could have at least given it a go :rolleyes: I suspect she won't be there next week :unsure: Having said that, I am working 9-5 for the next 2 Wednesdays, so won't be going to that class anyway. I don't like it when the class is full, people crowd me and get in my way :laugh: Am thinking about trying the aqua fit next Wednesday instead, not sure whether I would like it, so might just stick to the gym.

It must take a lot of guts to walk into a class full of uber fit folk when you are overweight / unfit , I am not sure I would have done it when I weighed 13 stone ( I weigh 9.7 now ) in fact I have never done a class partly because I was worried no one would correct me if I buggered stuff up ( I am not coordinated ) and partly I still fear being picked on in a class environment ( hang over from school days ) even though I am sure physically I could have done most classes our gym offered

maybe this girl really could'nt do it or was scared of failing / falling ? maybe she was looking at you and thinking bloody hell that girls fit / thin / really confident etc and felt crap standing next to you or maybe she really was just a lazy moo who really couldn't be arsed ! did the instructor talk with her afterwards ? my PT does a military boot camp class and I know he used to round up folk at the end who had struggled and talk to them

I have done not much here in the last week due to jet lag / heat and the overwhelming sense of relief I felt when I arrived which translated into me collapsing into a heap for days , we fly to Melbourne tomorrow where the weather is much cooler and our hotel as a mini gym so I can get back to running which is exciting as I have really missed it

I know what you mean Sam - she was with her friend, who was probably the same build as I was the first time I did the class. She asked me before the class started if the class was hard, I told her she would be feeling the benefits for a few days, but the more regularly she does the class, the easier it will be.

The class was quite full, so am not sure the instructor noticed she wasn't really doing much. She did give easier options for some of the exercises for those who were struggling, like pressups against the wall instead of on the step box or the floor.

I have booked aqua fit for next week. Need to practice prancing about in my bikini to make sure it's secure (if you get my drift :laugh: :ninja: )

I think I may be becoming a bit of a runner - maybe. Yesterday I ran a mile on the treadmill, today I did 1.1 miles :) That was after 2 mile on the cross trainer (in evil mode that wasn't too evil today), 3 miles on the bike, 45 split squats with bicep curls on each leg, normal plank for a minute and side planks for a minute. I wasn't too knackered either :) Oh and I also rode Blue for an hour before and did all my farm jobs too :)

How is everyone getting on - hope you have arrived safely in Oz Sam :)

I had a good legs and bum session today. Did my usual cross trainer and bike work, then went downstairs and did lots of squats of various types with the ball :)

Mr G was working today, great big flirt that he is. I told him between now and my holiday he needs to give my ass a hammering in the fitball class so that it is nice and toned for my hollibobs in September. Am going to let you guess what his comeback to that was - probably used the wrong word there! Need to think about possible innuendo before I say anything :laugh: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Nice one Jayne!!!

I did body pump this evening, first time in too many months. However, I have managed to do the class with the same weights I used last time!! Woo hoo. I really thought I would have to drop right down!!

xxx

Well done Murtle :biggrin:

Fitball tonight - Deejay had us doing pikes on the ball - she tried to demonstrate them and fell off :laugh: She then asked me to demonstrate them to the class (the one damn thing I struggle with in fitball :laugh: ). She also had us doing a routine where you go into a bridge with the bar in the air, do a chest press, then do a pullover with the bar, do another chest press and a bridge. Everyone was losing where they were up to, so deejay kept count by watching me :biggrin: I love being good at my classes :biggrin: I AM doing my abs class tomorrow morning followed by fitball in the evening :)

Abs class yesterday was really hard, then fitball was ok - he hammered our legs, but am not feeling it too much today :laugh: In fitball on Monday, we had to do a lot of jack knives/pressups/pikes, and I think I have pulled my shoulder a bit - thankfully yesterday's class had none of those in it, so they got a bit of a rest.

Had to do tricep dips on the ball yesterday, which was interesting, not done those before, but Mr G told me I was doing them perfectly and my shoulders are very flexible :biggrin:

I have aqua fit tonight - I have practiced dancing about in my bikini to make sure everything is secure :laugh: