UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

Marge - don't know how you do your job, but thankful there are people like you in the world :flowers:

I'd forgotten quite how gory the manky body parts thread was :sick01:

Very hot and muggy here for the last couple of days. Had to leave the bedroom door open otherwise it was just too hot, so didn't sleep well because I had the pitter patter of ickle paws wandering about in the night.

RMF : Last day in work this week, then I have a four day weekend :pinkie:

got the hospital this afternoon, to see if they are going to do the injection into the hip. I dont want it, I dont know anyone it works on. the only other option is a hip replacement,at least that works

then the next foster coming after that

im knackered lol

Quick lunch break then back to the fray!

Enjoy your four day weekend Alex :)

Good luck with the hip Jazz x

Thanks Marion, I know I should let it go by me, but it creeps up while I am asleep, then wakes me up ;(

I have been to the nurse to get a tetanus jab because of the cat getting me yesterday. I wouldn't normally bother, but the house was such a sh*thole, that I couldn't take the risk. I didn't know that it now comes with the vaccine for dyptheria and polio, so that's me sorted for now.

Right I'm off, back to the resident who moved yesterday to sort out his finances, utilities etc etc etc. I don't think it will be a successful afternoon.

Good luck Jazz :flowers:

Good luck with the injection Marge :flowers:

Hope your headache goes Maz :flowers:

Speaking of injections, colleague had to go and have a flap of skin remove at the doctors yesterday. It was on his eye, so he had to have a local anaesthetic into his eyelid :confused02:

RMF : Just been to Pizza Hut for lunch.

Marge, I'm sure you were right to get a tetanus jab, and I really feel for you with that particular client. My former client, the one who I don't talk about in detail in case someone is eating, was much the same but thankfully didn't drink. He was vile enough sober. I always insisted on wearing disposable gloves in his house even for dishing up breakfast. When eventually he got taken into a care home and his clothes were removed, the staff put him straight into quarantine due to assorted parasites and a serious infectious disease which he had concealed. I was very glad I had worn gloves. One can't be too careful.

Good luck at the hospital, Jazz.

I had a phone chat with my friend Mary, the lady in Wales who lost her husband and then her son and then got ovarian cancer. She has recovered and is completely clear of it. :)

• Like 2

Oh Owl that's excellent news about your friend Mary - isn't it nice to hear good news like that?

Archie has had to endure funder this afternoon and managed to get under my computer chair where he lay and shook. Poor boy. I have told him he has a treat coming tomorrow - his auntie Sheila is coming to take him for a nice walk. He loves auntie Sheila - this is Joss's mum by the way and Joss is doing great, continuing to loose weight slowly and steadily and he can happily undertake 3 hour walks most days and is running more and more :)

Owl that's fab news about Mary :flowers:

Poor Archie :GroupHug:

RMF : Bought the dogs a rotisserie chicken each from Costco. They had it for tea last night (stripped off the bone). The results of which were all over the living room rugs/floor when I got home :sick01:

Good grief it's like emergency ward 10 in here. Huge hugs to you all and hope treatment goes well/you recover quickly

I have the lurgy and my eyes won't stop weeping at the moment.

Thanks ever so much for doing the humungous walk Marge & co and thanks ever so much to all of those who are/have donated to it. It really does help us such a lot.

Good luck with the injection Marge :flowers:

Speaking of injections, colleague had to go and have a flap of skin remove at the doctors yesterday. It was on his eye, so he had to have a local anaesthetic into his eyelid :confused02:

RMF : Just been to Pizza Hut for lunch.

Thanks Alex, it was fine, I don't mind jabs. ;) Mmmm, I haven't been to Pizza hut for ages

I had a phone chat with my friend Mary, the lady in Wales who lost her husband and then her son and then got ovarian cancer. She has recovered and is completely clear of it. :)

Fantastic! It's such a horrible disease, I'm so pleased for her. :)

Archie has had to endure funder this afternoon and managed to get under my computer chair where he lay and shook. Poor boy. I have told him he has a treat coming tomorrow - his auntie Sheila is coming to take him for a nice walk. He loves auntie Sheila - this is Joss's mum by the way and Joss is doing great, continuing to loose weight slowly and steadily and he can happily undertake 3 hour walks most days and is running more and more :)

Poor Archie. WTG Joss!

I have the lurgy and my eyes won't stop weeping at the moment.

Thanks ever so much for doing the humungous walk Marge & co and thanks ever so much to all of those who are/have donated to it. It really does help us such a lot.

Your welcome, I am looking forward to it. :)

Hope the lurgy and weepy eye depart soon!

Eeeuw Alex!

Well, just after I posted here at lunchtime the sky went so dark, it was like night time. Next thing, bang crass wallop, huge hailstones, yes, the size of golf balls hammering down on the car. What a racket they made, I thought one was going to come through the windscreen. This was followed by a torrential downpour. Lot of roads had flooded, so it was a nerve racking drive to the other side of town. :confused:

Glad you got the result you wanted, Jazz.

Nice to hear Joss is getting so fit. He must feel so much better.

We had thunder too but not much lightning. Wispa doesn't like it but is ok as long as she is indoors. Outdoors means big problems, not hiding or running away but fear aggression towards the thunder. So we stayed at home until 5 pm when it suddenly vanished leaving us with a very warm sunny evening.