UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Insurance - something that does my head in every time renewals come around so I'm totally in sympathy with anyone having to problems.

Ruby got back yesterday with her Olympic "Games Maker" uniform made by Adidas. I must say they are very smart casuals. She's got 2 pairs of trousers, 2 shirts that I really like the design of, 2 pairs of socks, pair of trainers, a great looking jacket, backpack, umbrella, water bottle, baseball cap and another t-shirt as a souvenir all of which she can keep. They are at least issued free and she got a free Oyster card which was valid from the day she picked it up so at least her tube travel the last couple of days hasn't had to be paid for by her.

She was talking to other Games Makers at the training day and some are paying £30 a night for rooms in private houses - some Londoners have signed up to rent rooms out to the helpers. I couldn't have afforded that but at least it is a lot less than the hotels are charging. The helpers are coming from all over the UK and are all ages from 18 to over 80's. Some of the helpers (sorry Games Makers :rolleyes_anim: ) are getting paid. Wouldn't you know it only those who have been appointed as managers. The helpers who find themselves inside the venues taking tickets and helping seat people etc. don't even get to see the events, they have to retreat into the rear areas of the venues once the events start.

Afternoon.

I am WFHing this afternoon so called in at Costco on the way home.

I bought the following (see if you can spot the pattern):

Food for the dogs

Food for the cats

Food for the birds

Book on cooking food for dogs

Bucket of treats for the dogs

All weather blanket for the dogs to lie on on the lawn when it's nice out

Bucket of natural yoghurt for the dogs

Four rotisserie chickens for me n the dogs to share (not all at the same time - I strip them off the bone whilst hot then freeze them).

I did also buy myself some hot smoked salmon, shampoo and conditioner, strawberry yoghurt and Muller corners.

The whole lot came to over £100. The bits for me came to about £25 of that :rolleyes:

Marion : I shall share some of the doggy recipes if you're interested?

Edited by merledogs

I'm sorry to hear you are having a bad time with migraine Collies. I have had migraine since I was 8 but I can't say Pizotifen has ever been prescribed for me. Since Sumatriptan came out in the early 90's I have been on that as fortunately it works for me. I think it's along the same lines as Pizotifen - a serotonin antagonist - but I don't get any side effects from it.

I know how miserable constant migraines are and I really hope you are feeling better soon and get the side effects sorted out. :GroupHug:

Thanks Yantan, last weeks really scared me i honestly thought i was having stroke or something.I felt awful , couldnt walk or talk properly couldnt remember my address etc and had a job understanding the doctors and when i did talk i 'd be halfway through and start talking a load of rubbish. Very scary. Unfortunately whilst the meds are keeping the constant headaches away i'm continually falling asleep all day, very grumpy and hungry, all are known side effects but i dont want to be like this forever. My weight and normal temper are bad enough anyway without the tablets helping !!!

Marion - there are indeed treat recipes :flowers:

Collies - hope you feel better soon :GroupHug:

Maybe it's just me, but watching the Queen having to shake hands with Martin McGuinness, the terrorist who led the IRA for years (who were responsible for the death of Phillip's uncle, Lord Mountbatten) just turns my stomach. Ever the consummate professional, she handled it very well, as she always does these situations. Can't have been easy for her.

• Like 1

Marge I will sponsor you later on if that's OK?

Thank you Marion, take your time, I'm not doing it till end of July and the justgiving page stays open for three months after the event. I love donkeys, I did sponsor one on the Isle of Wight, but sadly she died at a relatively young age of fourteen.

I've been having severe migraines and the just over a week ago ended up in hospital as it was so bad. I'm now on permanent medication Pizotifen but suffering side effects. Anyone have experience of it at all?

I don't have experience of Pizotifen, but hope you feel better soon. x

Alex, what a palaver with the insurance! I really don't like dealing with those companies.

Glad ~Ruby had a good training session, I hope she really enjoys the experience.

Thank you so much everyone, for giving to my challenge! I have not only hit, but exceeded my target! , can't wait to go and "do the deed " Now. :-)

Overwhelmed by the support.

I have spent the day helping to move a vulnerable elderly alcoholic man move house. My boss has agreed a move on condition that he gets some regular help in to clean as his old flat was filled to the brim with bags and bags of lager cans, rubbish, a build up of dirt and grime, covering all surfaces, his kettle, cooker etc etc. Not to mention the rubbish just dropped and left on the floor. He does not remember anything that he discusses with you, is not on the phone and doesn't read his mail.

On arrival, nothing was packed, so the two men we hired set to work with the furniture, but it was so time consuming going through everything, as I wanted it to be his choice what he wanted to keep, or leave.

Lots of things went wrong throughout the day, and then I also had to get a contractor out to fix the handle on his back door. All the while Mr H must have been drinking his lager, so was in quite a bad mood by the end of it!

I have to go back tomorrow to get his utilities sorted and wait for some furniture we're getting from a house clearance, but blimey, what a long day. I need my tea, but need a shower first, only had a banana all day! And then his cat scratched my neck when he grabbed hold of me while I was trying to put him in the cat basket.

Now on to my RMF. I had a call from a publicity company working on behalf of the people running the Petchampions competition. They want to drum up some local interest with the local press and do a feature on Jack. I gave them some more background on him, but did tell them that he can't possibly win as the leaders have over a thousand votes! Didn't seem to put her off though. Right, I'm off to vote for him again, now that they have renewed my interest. LOL

Maybe it's just me, but watching the Queen having to shake hands with Martin McGuinness, the terrorist who led the IRA for years (who were responsible for the death of Phillip's uncle, Lord Mountbatten) just turns my stomach. Ever the consummate professional, she handled it very well, as she always does these situations. Can't have been easy for her.

I agree Alex, very hard indeed.

It's nothing too drastic but looks quite good - shoulder - rotator cuff repair. A good dog related injury - Co and Flo pulled me over. It wasn't their fault, I'd just got them out of the car and next door let their puppy out, no collar or lead, and she ran past them. They lunged after her. Result, Spins4me crashing to the ground and landing on the right shoulder. Had it fixed last week. It's technicolour.

Thanks Yantan. Just need to twiddle with it to get it on here - I may be some time.

Actually, come to think of it, I have a manky body part where the cat scratched me. As it is mostly just above my booby area up to my neck, I will not be posting pics. :laughingsmiley:

It's nothing too drastic but looks quite good - shoulder - rotator cuff repair. A good dog related injury - Co and Flo pulled me over. It wasn't their fault, I'd just got them out of the car and next door let their puppy out, no collar or lead, and she ran past them. They lunged after her. Result, Spins4me crashing to the ground and landing on the right shoulder. Had it fixed last week. It's technicolour.

Thanks Yantan. Just need to twiddle with it to get it on here - I may be some time.

Ouch!

Actually, come to think of it, I have a manky body part where the cat scratched me. As it is mostly just above my booby area up to my neck, I will not be posting pics. :laughingsmiley:

Ouch!

Lightweight!

We've seen parts of some Fugees in the manky thread that even their OH's haven't seen.

• Like 1