UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts for your daughter in law Suzeanna :flowers:

Mum was a lot better today but they still don't know what has caused "the turn". Also had a chat with OT Team and hopefully we can avoid having to deal with social services for her discharge. All SS are interested in whenever they do an assessment is that she owns her own house and how much savings she has :angry:

:GroupHug: suzeanna :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: jazz, hope the dogs sort themselves out

Merledogs, glad you had a good nights sleep :flowers:

popped new battery on our old jag.... turns over and trying to start so now new plugs and leads on order..... i hope it starts otherwise it will be off to the big scrap heap in the sky :wacko: :mecry:

Morning. It's a wild one here. It's been raining since about 8 last night and there is an awful sounding wind blowing.

Sending positive thoughts for your daughter-in-law Suzeanna flowers.gif

Archie's insurance renewal has arrived. Blimey they pile it on as they age don't they! It started off at about £70 a year and now it's over a £170 and we have never claimed. I dread to think how much it will be next year. How folks with more than one dog cope with insurance premiums as their dogs' age is beyond me.

I know what you mean Marion, Phoenix's insurance was about £140 a year back 2001 his renewal came through and it's £430 a year now plus the excess is £115 + 10 or 20%. I wonder if it's worth having and if it would be better just to put his money in the "dog fund" I have.

Now that I think about it I spend over £100 a month on insurance for three dogs, the prices have definately gone up over the years!

Edited by kittycat

Wishing all the best for your daughter in law, suzeanna :flowers:

Glad your mum has improved, kittycat.

We went up on the moors yesterday and Wispa had a good run. The strength is slowly coming back to my muscles, but I am having a rest day today as alternating a day with a bit of exercise with a day of doing as little as possible seems to be working.

Archie's insurance renewal has arrived. Blimey they pile it on as they age don't they! It started off at about £70 a year and now it's over a £170 and we have never claimed. I dread to think how much it will be next year. How folks with more than one dog cope with insurance premiums as their dogs' age is beyond me.

Max's insurance for the year is over £800 ohmy.gif The monthly premiums are £68, and I still have to pay 25% of any costs. It's absolutely outrageous, but he's got pre-existing conditions so there' s not a lot I can do about it. Robbing b@stards mad.gif I would put the money in a dog fund, but when he's been ill, it's cost thousands each time, so I can't risk it.

I've had to stop insurance on all of the cats except Mia as she's younger, due to the high costs.

In total for five animals I pay £130 a month.

Glad you are on the mend Phebe flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

Pleased your mum is picking up again Kittycat..the attitude of the social services infuriates me, all they seem to want to do is see how much money they can screw out of people. I'm getting to that dangerous age where you risk being overlooked in hospital etc, and I must admit it scares me. :angry:

Glad your leg is recovering Phebe, very sensible of you to take things slowly. If you are ever out this way, I'd be delighted to see you...you are welcome to bring Wispa for a trundle round the garden but she would have to stay in the kitchen indoors, as I'm not too sure of the welcome Dylan would give her! :rolleyes: He loves springers, or dogs that look like springers..and GSD's...not collies..or yorkies...or or or....!

Bloody hell Alex - that's some charge for Max's insurance ohmy.gif And seeing how much Steph pays for Phoenix I'm done bleating! I've renewed Archie's insurance over the phone. I know the minute I stop it that it would be sod's law that something would happen and we'd need it.

I am waiting to see if the rain will stop - or at least let up - before I take Arch out but it doesn't look promising.

Can anyone who is good at home decorating tell me please...the surround of the doors into our teeny conservatory is dark wood, not sure whether it's stained dark or came that colour. If I try to paint it white will it take?

We painted our previously stained front door and it took OK. It was given a good sandpapering down first and then undercoat was applied and then the top colour.

Can anyone who is good at home decorating tell me please...the surround of the doors into our teeny conservatory is dark wood, not sure whether it's stained dark or came that colour. If I try to paint it white will it take?

It should be fine as long as you give it a good wipe down with sugar soap (to remove any grease from hands, etc), then prime it with sandpaper (the smooth type), then wipe down to remove any bits (or run the hoover over it). Once it's dry, you're good to go. If you are painting it a light colour, you should paint it with primer first, or you'll end up applying a zillion coats to cover up the dark varnish flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs