UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Veggie Plot 2012

houndzrus

ooooo you have been busy!!!! did you get the hail too???? had some really bad weather today but great for you gardeners!

We didn't have hail, just heavy heavy showers! luckily for us, Jack got us up at stupid o'clock, so we were up the lotty even before the regulars got up this morning. By the time we left, everyone else was running for cover. I also cleared the last of the Kale and bits of cabbage and dug over two beds, ready for planting in the next week or so. Can't believe we got so much done this weekend. :cheer:

Marge have you seen this? Is that where your plot is?

Thanks for the link Alex, no it's not mine but I feel for the people there. Such a lot of effort going in to their plots, that chap seems to have made it his life's work. :err:

I will be doing jobs in the conservatory this weekend. Much poting on to be done, the plants have speeded up growing, now that the weather is so mild. I wish I could get to the lotty to plant out the last of the onions, the beans and peas, but the ground will be too wet. Will pop up there, just to see how much water is in the butt though. :laughingsmiley:

I like those pots Mags. :)

How's everyone's plants doing? I am itching to move a lot of mine on, but the weather is against me. I have obviously had too much time on my hands as I have been googling and found my allotment on google maps. If you click the link and then click the little orange man or street view, you can go up and down the road outside my allotment site. The first gate is where ours is. Right up at the top of the path, where you can just see a silver car.

It's changed a bit now, we have a new metal fence and gate and the weeds have been strimmed away. :D

We're very lucky to have this only a couple of minutes drive away, and we can take the dogs for a walk on the common on the way home too. :luvlove:

http://maps.google.c...B79B0It6tPVjZMg

Edited by houndzrus
  • Like 1

Everything here is verrrrryyyy slow. I'm blaming the cold and lack of sun.

Marge, those photos that you posted of tom plants in RMF - were they from seed and if so when did you plant them? I have one tom (money maker) barely above surface.

Everything here is verrrrryyyy slow. I'm blaming the cold and lack of sun.

Marge, those photos that you posted of tom plants in RMF - were they from seed and if so when did you plant them? I have one tom (money maker) barely above surface.

Just checked the label, 22/3/12. Everything here seems to have stopped too. I popped up to the lotty this morning and the ground is still too wet to plant things out. :headset: The weeds are going mad though! :devil: The water butt has about 150litres in it now, so that's something I suppose. None of the chillis I planted showed either, so I sowed some more...still nothing. I ended up buying six from B@Q :ph34r: