UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Pumpkins

Mags

At camera club last night, we were looking at loads of photos of pumpkins which has prompted me to experiment with pics.

So tomorrow I will be buying a pumpkin and I have twisted OH's arm to carve it out.

I've never done this before and I don't like waste so what do you do with all the stuff that you take out of it? Is it edible? And after Halloween, what do you do with the pumpkin itself?

I'd love to hear your recipes/ideas please

Pumpkin soup. Yummy. And the bits will already be cut up from the carving. Just onions and pumpkin fried in olive oil and then simmered in stock until it's all tender. Then blitz it in a liquidiser or with a hand blender. Really creamy texture so it's lovely if you add double cream to serve and pumpkin seeds add crunch.

Or add the chopped up bits to a curry or vegetable casserole.

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing what you can get from your dog food supplier :laugh: I bumped into her in the supermarket and we had a chat about pumpkins. She subsequently emailed me a recipe for pumpkin soup.

So hubby was let off the hook of having to carve it and we just made soup instead. Yummy :biggrin:

I've only once tried pumpkin soup when a friend made. I hated it rolleyes.gif It may have just been her recipe and/or her execution of said recipe wasn't so good but I have been loathe to try anything to do with pumpkins ever since.

They are lovely to look at though! I always think they are a jolly, hail-fellow-well-met sort of veggie laugh.gif