UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

This Time It's Tessie

Laurel n Hardy

Came home tonught and Tessie wouldn't get out her basket, and barely raised her head to look at me.

My Princess was diagnosed with cance just over a year ago to the day, but has remained my happy, confident, snuggly litle girl who can still bounce around if a cat hovers into view.

Tight is different, from even a couple of days ago.

Her breathing is very ragged and she turned her nose up at food, although i ran to the shop to get some chicken slices and a tin of pilchards, which she did eat thankfully.

There is a growth in her neck, just under the jaw which in time will restict her windpipe, and a large abcess on the outside which I drain morning noon and night, and cover in sudecrem (which is now dotted all over my house).

It looks like it's resticting her breathing, she has had med medicine, but the difference in her today from even yesterday is staggering.

If she gets any worse I will have to let her go so that she doesnt suffer, cos she is my Princess, a total daddys girl and woebetide any female thats comes near me, human or otherwise.

Please spare a thought and send her some love, I can't bare to be without my little princess, especially as its only been 12 days since my Archie bear left a huge hole in my life and heart.

This is my Princess :wub:

Dogpics2007189.jpg

Tessie (front) and my Archie bear far side

Picture053.jpg

Cliffy guarding his big sister Tessica.

Dogpics2007234.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh this is the hardest time, when we have to know when it is the right time to let them go. As you did with Archie, you will know when it is time. I am holding you in my thoughts and surrounding you with "white light" to help guide you. I know how tough this is and send you all the love that I have

Anne, Barty & Chloe

thank you, she isnt suffering right now but is half snoozing in spite of her ragged breathing.

I know she will tell me when the time is right to let her go, for now she is getting snuggles in Archies spot on the sofa, where he spent his last few hours with me.

I think I will stay with her tonight and try to sleep on the sofa next to her, so if she stirs or becomes worse I am right there to comfort her if I have to call the vet.

I pray this is just a blip and she stays with us for a while longer, she is so precious to me, as its her 12th birthday next month :mecry:

I think it's time, I will look into her eyes once more , and if she tells me she has had enough I will be calling the vet in the next few moments.

Please please wish my little princess Tessie :wub: a safe and peaceful crossing to the bridge, where she can join my wife Lisa who was her mum, and her baby brother Archie who crossed over 12 days ago.

My heart is breaking and I can't stop rying my eyes out, Archie left of his own accord, but tonight I have to make that choice for her :mecry: :mecry:

I called the vet, she advised that Tessie take 2 of her steroid tablets to act as painkillers and see if that calms her down.

It has to a degree but I dont think she will get any better, it feels like a little pain relief as a stopgap.

I think I will pop her on my bed and see how she fairs, if I think she is starting to suffer I will call them out. I am a light sleeper at the best of times, never mind when I am tuned into every sound Tessie makes :mecry:

It feels so bad, that my Tessie is nearing the point where she will leave us behind, that will mean it's only Cliffy and me in the house, and thats how we started, Cliffy & me, then Archie came, then Tessie out of the blue, and all to soon back to me n Cliffy :( :mecry:

This house feels so empty without my gentle soft kind sweet little Archie, I don't know how I will face it without Tessie too :mecry:

Am on my way to the vets with Tessie, Cliffy is coming too as she needs her baby brotyer near her when she crosses.

Unless a miracle happens while I am there please wish my sweet and gentle littlw girl, who had such a brutal and traumatic first few years of her life, before she came to rescue and to me, a safe and peacefull passing.

My heart is breaking and I am reeling from all this :mecry: :mecry:

I love you Tessie :wub: , and so does your baby brother Clifford, dont be afriad little one, Archie is there waiting for you with Lisa :mecry: