UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Spare A Thought

Laurel n Hardy

Thank you all so very very much for your kind words and thoughts.

Archie has now refused all food now for 2 days, I have tried raw liver, pate, chicken, rice, cheese and fish but with no success.

The thing is he has more energy now than he did 2 weeks ago, leaping out of the house and down the back steps.

Yesterday and today he has been drinking and throwing it back up, I am about to go get him and pop him on my bed for snuggles, both my heart and my head is telling me this is the last time I will get to snuggle up to my ickle bear, as I think he is telling me that he has had enough and cannot fight anymore.

This is the very first time I have had to face this decision, all my previous animals (cats) I have ever had in my life pretty much just left on their terms.

If you could spare a moment please wish Archie, my little bear some peace in the coming hours, whether it's my decision to let him go, or his to stay a little while longer.

My heart is breaking into peices, I was told of Tessies cancer exactly one year ago yesterday, and have steeled myself for the day she left us, but I never imagined my baby boy, my Archie would be taken so swiftly.

I can't stop the tears, Archie is my soul dog, the very first that was ever truly mine, my first rescue and the one who got me involved as a volunteer, he without a doubt my No 1 son, and I can't bare to think of life without my gentle, sensitive, soft little cuddle monster.

Archie is the softest, sweetest most caring little dog I have ever known, he forgives his brother and sister for all that they do, and has loved and accepted every foster and temporary dog dropped off for rehoming that has ever wandered through my front door, which is unusual for a terrier letting other terriers in, as all of them have been other westies..

Love u my bear :wub:

Picture050.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Archie has just told me enough is enough, he has been very sick on the towel on my bed and again outside.

I have carried him in and popped him on the sofa in his special snuggle spot, am going to cuddle him for a bit and Tessie & Cliffy to say their goodbyes.

Either Archie will leave in my arms, or I will call the vet in a bit, please wish him a peaceful crossing and that Lisa is waiting for him with her beloved border collie Bruce.

Am praying for a miracle but I am 99% certain my snuggle bear will leave us today.

Am bawling my eyes out right now, heading downstairs to kiss him loads

Nige, I am terribly sorry, I hope your little bear has a peacefull passing. You have shown him so much love I doubt he wants to leave you.

He will surely be met by your lovely Lisa and made welcolme.

I feel for you, I thought I was going to loose Holly so know what you are going through.

All my love, thoughts nd best wishes to you and little Archie

Barbara

My sweet gentle little bear left for the bridge a few short minutes ago, I had been kissing him and said that it was ok to leave, and to go find Lisa as she was waiting for him.

He was very peaceful and snuggled up in his favorite spot under the t-shirt he loved so much.

I had come upstairs for about a minute and when I went down he had gone, I wish I had been with him right at the very end but Cliffy was there with him.

Goodnight my sweet little boy, I will always love you, you will always be my number one boy, and I will see you at the bridge one day.

Dogpics2007232.jpg