UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Amazingly Generous Freecycler

zico's mum

I responded to a freecycle post yesterday - posted the following items available:

Garlic lovers set

Glass chopping board - both brand new in box so I replied asking if I could have them for Tombola prizes for my stalls,with of course a link to OC site :wink:

Well she replied saying she'd be delighted to let me have them and would have a look for some more items.Just got home and there is as well as the above (garlic lover set is just fab,pottery holder,crusher,peeler,wooden chopping board in unopened box) and the glass chopping board also brand new is:

Hotplate - like a stone you put in oven to heat up

4 Latte glasses in holders

Capuccino coffee maker set - 2 glasses in holders,stirrers etc

2 Black wrought iron candle holders

Brand new Accesorize dog coat

Microwave omelette maker

2 very very attractive matching wrought iron candle holders with glass cups that hold the candles

3 pottery storage jars - graduating in size

10 piece chrome spice storage rack - pyramid shaped - very attractive

Pottery cruet set - tray,salt and pepper shaker,oil and vinegar jug

Every single item is brand new in boxes,most have never been opened.I think they may have been wedding gifts possibly.I am just so chuffed,I would love to recieve any of them as a prize so hopefully they will make a fab display and draw people to the stall :biggrin: :biggrin:

Have sent an email thanking her for such generosity on behalf of Oldies Club.

• 2 months later...
:biggrin: :biggrin: just picked up some more stuff,in response this time to an ad I placed.From 2 people - 2 huge toiletry sets,1 in a basket,1 on a tray,candles,Woods of Windsor gorgeous room scented set - candles,incense,oil etc in a gift box,lots of other toiletries,a watch,scented drawer liners,cuddly toys and more.I'm overwhelmed by their generosity and that's 2 people now who weren't aware Oldies existed before but sure do now :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Taunton Freecyclers are just fab :biggrin: Picked up today 5 bottles of wine,a bottle of Bailey's;toiletries;candles;mugs;jewellery box;latte set in response to a wanted - all from 1 person and all brand new,unopened items plus some books in great condition from a couple of others.I don't post asking for stuff very often - as detailed here - but when I do the response is fantastic.