UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Spins4Me's Guided Tour Of The Utility Room

Spins4me

In 1989 we had an annexe built for my parents to live in. It included an extension to our dining room and a tiny utility room. OH promised the utility room would have some cupboards, worktop and a small sink in it. It didn't happen and didn't happen and didn't happen BUT last Saturday the tiler came and did the tiling so it is FINISHED after a twenty-one year wait!! It is now up and running. It is 2m x 1.6m in size and has cupboards, worktop, sink, washing machine, wall-mounted tumble dryer and a freezer.

179.jpg

178.jpg

I now have somewhere to keep dog food, dog stuff and do the dog bowls etc

That looks brilliant,such a useful area to have,is it accesible from outside? I once lived in a house that had just such an area and it was fabulous for bringing in wet muddy dogs and cleaning them up before they wreaked havoc in the rest of the house.Oh how I miss it :laugh:

Yes, it has a door to the garden. I did want to have the little bit of wall next to it tiled but we got the tiles in a sale and there weren't enough. Then OH discovered there's some special coating that can be applied to the wall which can be easily washed down. (I thought it was called paint but it seems I'm wrong :laugh: :laugh: ) He has a friend in the "trade" who is going to get some for us and that will help keep the filth to a minimum.

Always amazes me how far mud can go when it's shaken off a wet and muddy dog.

BTW having this room finished is also my Christmas present from 2 years ago. I think I'm getting some gloves this year!!