UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Wise And All Knowing Fugees Your Help Is Needed Once Again

snow

This is driving me absolutely mad - my mother spotted a necklace she loved being worn by Gloria Hunniford on Alan Titmarsh earlier this week so rang me to say would I make her one like it for Xmas? It took me a while to track it down and this is the screen grab I took of the necklace in question:

med_gallery_76_29_10703.jpg

Looks dead easy to make and since my mum is the hardest person I ever have to get anything for by a factor of about 100 :rolleyes: I thought that was Xmas solved ... until I tried to find the flipping focal bead metal pendant thingy - the big silver square thing - I have utterly exhausted my brain and fingers trying to find anything similar doesn't have to be identical or even the same shape, just the same rough size but what is it called???? I've looked at pendants, buttons, danglies, focal beads, broaches, buckles, sliders and nothing seems to fit the description of what that is! asrrgggg For those who make jewellry look at the way it sits against the beads - somehow thats fastened at the back onto the wire :wacko: any ideas where I can find something similar or start looking? I've got about a dozen things bookmarked on ebay but none of them are anything like this and I'm now tearing my hair out.

bottom dropped off.....Mind you I think its most probably a washer from an 8mm coach bolt, with some decorative polishing, abot 60 p in B and Q in zinc plated medium steel , although I have seen them in Aluminium. I f you cant find any mail me I have some left over form building a cart.<br>

No idea what you'd call that but are you sure it wasn't just hand made? (Not sure how thick it actually is but it looks to me like with a suitable piece of metal, maybe cuttable with tin snips & a drill you could make something similar :unsure: )

• 4 weeks later...

I found some pewter pendant thingys which I probably could have made work if I dug out my old pyrography kit and soldered some loops on the back however after all that when I next spoke to my mum and said I'd now seen the necklace she said "well I didn't like the beads or the colour at all really I just thought the big metal thing looked nice but it wouldn't be something I'd wear" :rolleyes: :laugh: so I haven't bothered lol however there IS a gap in the market for the pendant things - especially if you make them so you can actually string them :flowers: