UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Do You Believe In An Afterlife?

riley

Some of you will know my momma is dying and we are home caring. J is nearly 5 and incredibly intuitive. We've discussed (on his level) what is happening to g'ma.

H and I are not religious, in the conventional sense. We Beelieve in spirit and in life. And in the good in people. We believe that you can't create energy and therefore nor can you kill it - it goes somewhere.

Since J (4yrs, my eldest) started school he has had the *heaven* thing. Something H nor I have ever disputed. Hey, I tell my son a fat man in a red suit brings his presents why should I dispute his belief in a happy place in the clouds. The world is magical at his age.

H and I don't discuss the afterlife thing with him, it's all on his terms. But.....

A few days ago H was going through some old photos and Jack said "why are you looking at that man?" to which H replied, "well, that's my dad, your Grandad Barry" J replied "yeah I know who it is he comes to see me, I just wondered why you were looking at his picture."

to his friend at school:

"when people you love die, they come and see you on a night and kiss you, well actually they come during the day too"

to H the other night:

"what happens when you die? where do you go?

H replied, *well, when you're ill, your body wears out and it's no good anymore so you leave it behind."

J - * your body goes to the heaven because that's the bit you don't need but your spirit stays here with the people it loves"

and to me tonight:

"Mummy, there's no such thing as heaven. It's called the foreverlands"

:mellow:

What a lovely lad you've got. Whilst i believe him completely, there will be difference of opinions here. When topics like this come up i look like a twit or billy no mates :laugh: [not much difference to normal really :laugh: :laugh: ]

Your boy is obviously very sensative and i think thats wonderful. To answer your question.. yes i do believe there is an afterlife. :flowers:

What a lovely lad you've got. Whilst i believe him completely, there will be difference of opinions here. When topics like this come up i look like a twit or billy no mates :laugh: [not much difference to normal really :laugh: :laugh: ]

Your boy is obviously very sensative and i think thats wonderful. To answer your question.. yes i do believe there is an afterlife. :flowers:

I do too, that's the thing, I just don't believe in a conventional religion, there are too many *gods* for any one to be right (imho) We believe in life, in the goodness in people and in a natural order (now who look s like a billy no mates?) :flowers:

I do hope he doesn't loose this Riley, the only dogs that haven't come back to me are Gracie and Ellie, Gracie is far too busy which was normal for her :laugh: and Ellie went to someone else because I was so upset, it was the day she died.

I do believe there is a higher life which as humans we label like we do with everything else, to me heaven is a name given by humans, religions have different names for many things that are the same.

There are lots of things which we have forgotten what to to, when someone asks for healing on here there has been some amazing results. I do think we can all be in touch with those that have passed over as well as talk to animals, the problem is that we have forgotten how to do it.

I suspect that J also has conversations with your dogs :biggrin:

One Eyed Dog, I would hate to go were there are none of my dogs or my horse, they have helped me develop into the person I am now and will always be with me because I can't change that, don't want to either. :laugh:

Many people think that children have the ability to see things that adults usually don't, and they lose it as they get older. If your son says he sees his grandfather, then I'd believe him!

When my mum died, she left me her cottage...thanks to that I was able to leave my unhappy marriage and my daughter and I moved in. Frequently we got a strong scent of April Violets, my mum's favourite talc, though I'd cleaned the place thoroughly and there was none around and once when my daughter was home ill in bed, she said she suddenly felt that she was being watched, and then she distinctly heard her gran's breathing (mum had serious chest problems) going from near the door to the end of the bed. She wasn't scared at all, just said hi Gran, don't worry, I've only got the flu...and the breathing disappeared. So yes, I believe in an afterlife, though contrarily maybe, I don't believe in God. :wacko: We used to lose things in the cottage too, my daughter had put a pair of earrings on her dressing table, and when she went to put them on, there was only one. She said loudly right, this isn't funny, those are my favourites and I want it back! Came home from work, and lo and behold..two earrings! I know she didn't make it up, as I helped her look for the lost one, and I went to her room just before she came home, and saw them both there.

I think all of us can sense/feel our lost loved ones but being adults we doubt it or don't pick up on it. We dismiss it as imagination. I think children just accept it.

I looked after a little boy called Jack and when he was younger he would often look up and wave at the baby. Of course I saw no baby but he definately did.

My aunt was a spiritualist and when she died my youngest daughter used to say that silver auntie used to come and wave to her as she was falling asleep. I asked her why she called her silver auntie and she said it was because she was "silver shiny all round her".

I think your little boy sounds delightful and perhaps you could tell him that if his granma has the strength she might visit him too once she passes. :GroupHug: for you and your mum x

Many people think that children have the ability to see things that adults usually don't, and they lose it as they get older. If your son says he sees his grandfather, then I'd believe him!

So true. One of the things in life that I find most upsetting is that my much loved Nan, Mary, died before my girls arrived. It breaks my heart that they have missed out on having the same fantastic relationship with her that I did. But Daisy has definitely met her! When she was little she'd talk about this lady she'd seen, Mary. She also used to set out her tea set with a place set for Mary. Once we were at a family gathering with some of my Nans family, Daisy was particularly drawn to one of my Nans sisters, later saying she really liked that lady because she was like Mary! Nan would've absolutely worshipped my girls, there's no way she hasn't been around them. Without sounding morbid, I do actually look forward to dying because I just know I'll be with her again. Her spirit or whatever it is used to visit our old house quite frequently. It totally freaked Ian out :laugh: We'd hear her moving about and she often moved stuff around. I always felt she was there to look after my girls.

I don't believe in God either, I'm fascinated by astronomy and I understand how our planet came to be in existence. However there is so much in our world and the solar system that we haven't the foggiest about. Just because there is no rational explaination for the afterlife etc, doesn't mean it isn't there. There are spirits all around us, I just don't know how.

For once :wink: I'm on the fence on this one really, I've always said I'd only believe in ghosts, afterlife etc when I see one / it for myself, that the mind is a powerful thing (& may explain why some believe they've seen ghosts etc) & yet I would love to believe that rainbow bridge and / or another life in heaven is true.

My Dad believed in ghosts - told a story of someone he knew claiming to have seen one as he arrived at work & meaning it!

My sister believes she's seen both my Grandad when younger & later her little westie on the night of the day she died. Oddly she doesn't as far as I'm aware claim to have seen Dad yet despite how close they were :unsure:

For myself I've still to see any "ghosts" sadly. However was one thing that I did find interesting, a bizarre coincidence or a message from beyond the grave? When talking about arrangements the undertaker asked us several times what would your Dad have said? I often fall asleep in front of the tv. The following morning as I woke up it was to Mariah Careys Hero on the music channel & I just knew that this was what Dad would have said - I think it summed up his general attitude to life.

My Dad was a big music lover & had cd's lps & tapes all over the place, there must have been (at least) tens of thousands of songs in the house but he didn't rate Mariah Carey at all.

As I looked through all those songs there was strangely enough one song of hers there - Hero!

I therefore asked after I'd carried him to his grave for it to be played to my Brother & sisters as the funeral car left the cemetry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVhrIfaPKxw

Who knows for sure? :mellow: Either way I think it's harmless enough at the moment for you boy to enjoy his ideas personally.

I'm glad I'm not alone in looking forward to dying

:unsure: Not too soon I hope? :laugh:

I Remember

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying. You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today. Your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.

I want to re-assure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew...

in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning

and say "Good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out... then come home to be with me.

Author unknown"

There's no doubt that for each & every one of us our time will come, but not just yet though!

:wink:

Edited by Ian

Thank you for the replies,

Mum has chosen this for her 'do'

Here lies a poor woman who was always tired;

She lived ina house where help was not hired.

Her last words on earth were: "Dear friends, I am going

Where washing ain't done, nor sweeping, no sewing:

But everything there is exact to my wishes;

For where they don't eat there's no washing of dishes...

Don't mourn for me now; don't mourn for me never -

I'm going to do nothing for evere and ever.

:wink: