UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Ok so it is the 2nd anniversary of losing my sight this week and I have been moping so in an attempt to prove that I can do anything I want to (with the possible exception of convincing someone to give me a job) I decided to do something I haven't done on my own since losing my sight - walk Benji - now this is a dog who pulls like a train, jumps headfirst into any form of water, bushes etc so obviously it was a brilliant idea....... :wacko:

We are back - I have tasted a hollybush and long grass and gawd knows what else he dragged us into, am filthy dirty, scratched to pieces and soaking wet but Benji is a happy lad and I did it innit :grin:

Well done flowers.gif

Yes, they are great aren't they?(wish the next one would come out!) I've also played in a Westeros role playing game. Am hoping the films come up to the same standard. :biggrin:

I've given up on the next book, I think Mr Martin will have popped his clog's before it's finished wacko.gif I'm also stupidly pleased another Fugee is an Ice and Fire fan biggrin.gif Have you read the Robin Hobb books ? you might like those too, not as good as Ice and Fire but a really good read none the less.

Afternoon.

hospital for me today...... not looking forward to leaving laney as he keeps licking his paws..little s*d :mad:

Could you try vet wrap on his paws? When Milly had a poorly paw I wrapped it in cotton wool and vet wrap before taking her out and the vet wrap stayed put, so might be worth a go for Laney? :flowers:

Well done Trudi :partytime:

RMF : Just found out there is likely to be another round of redundancies at work :(

Currently Timmy is crated in the boot of the car due to chewing seatbelts. Anyone who reads RMF will remember the saga of the seatbelts earlier this year when I had to get replacements. Not something I want to go through again so he's now crated, but this means I can only really get him in the boot as it's not ideal (for a number of reasons) for Bumpy Max who is his travelling companion. I have tried muzzling Timmy but he is an escape artist so that didn't work. I had also been looking at what I could use to cover the seatbelts to stop him chewing them. However, I had a brainwave the other day - duct tape! If I use duct tape to tape the bits of exposed seatbelt to the side of the car, then (hopefully) the little s*d won't be able to chew them, which means I can then take the crate out of the boot and let him and Bumpy Max have the run of the boot so Max doesn't get squished by Taffy and Beau bounding about on the back seat.

I need to nip to B&Q to get some silver duct tape (have got some somewhere, but damned if I can find it :rolleyes: )

Well done Trudi :flowers: you know you said about job...well i don't know if your council is the same but our one has a policy to employ disabled people too.... my mum worked with a blind lady who was a telephonist...everyone else had a switchboard that they had to read but annes spoke to her :biggrin: it was called jaws :unsure: they now have a partially deaf and partially sighted lad working with them too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: @ Duke..... my lad pees on his own paws too :rolleyes:

is max deffo only a foster Jazz???

thanks for the vetwrap idea merledogs.... i left him today with socks on his back paws.... taped on and sprayed with anti lick spray, what did he do?? started licking the front ones :rolleyes:

i saw my consultant who apologised for my ear problems and i just laughed and told him not to worry..if anything goes wrong it goes wrong with me...it is only my fourth op that has gone bad :rolleyes: i am going back in again.

Oh no, I dont' like Robin Hobb. I don't know what it is about her, but I find her characters deeply irritating. I just want to give them all a slap. :mad::laugh:

I like Lois McMaster Bujold's Chalion books though, those are also sort of cod-medieval.

Yes the urge to slap them is strong laugh.gif but I still enjoyed the books, Fitz was particularly dim when it came to the Fool " he loves you you stupid git !!" honestly rolleyes.gif. Haven't read and Bujold's books, but off to have a look for them, once I've finished the last David Gemmell book ( again) I'll be bookless which I can't stand, I need to be reading something.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Sorry to hear another hozzy visit is on the cards Kelly Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Not only are we paying for the pigging Pope's holiday, it's on the telly aaaaall morning, and it's a nice day up here, I was hoping for howling winds and horizontal rain hmmph.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oooooooo bet you are pleased :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i am spending the day in today.... after going to hospital yesterday i just can't be bothered... i am supposed to leave laney everyday but i just can't be faffed! i am not going to watch the pope on the telly though

Merledogs...apparentl eating a lettuce sandwich helps induce sleep, i wonder would it help put you into a deeper sleep????