UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I've Heard It All Now :/

bonniebird

One of my clients came in to get his dog groomed yesterday, he is a lovely bloke, loves his dog :biggrin: He said in conversation that he has a fish tank, he got it because his daughter or son went to a wedding and on each table was goldfish, to be handed out as gifts to the guests :mad: :ohmy: This little fish is lucky because it now lives in a tank with a pump bought just for him, he was a lucky one, I've heard it all now :angry:

It's more and more common (though not common if you see what I mean) if you look on the wedding forums, though not to give them out as favours (gifts to guests). But the fishes need a home at the end of the wedding! There are very split opinions about them, personally I don't think they are a good idea for any number of reasons!

Lots of people use goldfish bowls for the centre decoration, but most don't put fish in them. They use them to put flowers in or candles, it's just the shape is more attractive.

Edited by murtle

I dread to think :mecry: especially if there are any drunken idiots who do things for a laugh etc. My customer got another fish as company for this little one but it died, so he got another and that one died, the wedding fish is going stong though, problem is I get attatched to the little critters :wub: I get upset when they die :unsure:

I dread to think :mecry: especially if there are any drunken idiots who do things for a laugh etc.

I made the mistake of googling "wedding fish" and a youtube clip came up. :mecry:

Disgusting idea in the first place; the concept of a living creature as decorative accessory is revolting.

Add drunken idiots to the mix and you have a recipe for disaster.

i saw it on bbc 3's don't tell the bride :rolleyes: i don't understand what on earth goes through peoples heads to be honest.... i hate going to weddings as you know there will be one drunken moron... put that drunken moron on a table with a fish :mad:

well done to your client for doing the right thing by his fish but i bet not many would have been that lucky :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

The student daughter of a colleague was working as a waitress and at a wedding reception there were fish in bowls on display; after the reception she and the other staff were told to throw the fish away. She was horrified and saved several which were rehomed to a friend with a large tank. The rest sadly were disposed of - how sad.

The student daughter of a colleague was working as a waitress and at a wedding reception there were fish in bowls on display; after the reception she and the other staff were told to throw the fish away. She was horrified and saved several which were rehomed to a friend with a large tank. The rest sadly were disposed of - how sad.

Oh for Gods sake :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: thats just disgusting, how sad indeed, I really can't believe it :angry: