UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Asking The Impossible?

zico's mum

Have decided I really need a lazy beach holiday beginning of September but can't find anything that meets my needs which are:

Within 10 minute walk of a beach - sandy and must be dog friendly all day

Has an ouside area - not necessarily a secure garden but want to sit outside with a glass of wine and a meal

Be within 2 hour drive of Taunton

And here's the major problem be £350.00 absolute max :(

I only need 2 beds,a friend is coming as well so all suggestions gratefully recieved.Would prefer N Devon or Cornwall,or Dorset but a sandy beach is a must,not pebbly ones.Don't mind if it's a flat,cottage,caravan but absolutely no camping,that's not an option :laugh:

Saunton Sands Beach Villas came to mind, but checking their latest tariff, you wouldn't get a full week at that price. So many places have dog bans now!

What about South Wales as an option? Or on the South coast, what about Seaton or Downderry, they have sandy dogfriendly beaches? This place seems to fit the budget: http://www.cornwallholiday.info/

Thanks folks.Fee that looks fabulous but only 3 caravans available for my dates and none take dogs :mecry: Great idea for next year though :flowers: Will look at others later,may be better waiting to see if I can get a Last Minute booking.Cycas Saunton Sands is a very strong possibility,they charge £30.00 per dog extra though and that would be my petrol money for the trip but it's a fabulous beach and chalets are literally on the beach.

My geography is terrible, so I don't know if this is a bit far or not, but if the gower is doable, my parents stayed at the bungalows at banks farm and say they'd reccommend them.  It's a 5ish minute walk to the beach - dogs are allowed outside the lifeguarded bit of the beach.  There is also a fairly secure field for playing ball just outside the bungalows.The website is here