UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Perl Is Not A Happy Girl

cycas

Our boss cat Perl has had a problem for a little while now. She has the runs. Persistent, very runny, runs. They are bad enough that she sometimes leaks a bit when she is asleep, which is of course very messy and can't be comfortable sick02.png

She's been to see the vet, who wants a sample, and of course the sample must be confirmed 100% Perl Product - ie, not mixed up with anything from the other 5.

So, she's in a (HUGE) crate with a litter tray full of gravel. The protests! The yelling! I can hear the crate rattling about the room she is in from downstairs. And the plaintive wailing!

Of course, this is exactly the same crate that she wasn't supposed to be in a couple of days ago, so couldn't be got out of. Cats... rolleyes.gif

I'm tempted to make a recording of the sheer volume of crate-bar twanging and yelling I can hear....

Do you think it's possible for a cat to turn a crate over from the inside? Cos that 's what it sounds like she's trying to do... unsure.gif

Awww, poor Pearl  :GroupHug:

But :laugh: :laugh: at the histrionics it sounds like you're having to put up with.

Reminds me of when we had to keep Zooey in the house.  We locked the catflap, closed the living room door, and closed the serving hatch between the kitchen and living room, so he couldn't even get to the cat flap.  Came down the next morning to find the serving hatch knocked off its hinges, sitting on the sofa, and the flap of the catflap smashed off its hinges  :laugh:

Good luck with obtaining the sample - I hope she produces quickly to reduce the stress on both of you !

Still no poo, but she has managed to turn her biscuits over and throw them everywhere, scatter the gravel similarly then spill her water all over them and dance onthe top to produce a sort of carpet of puffy damp brown things. She has also thoroughly soaked the towel I gave her to sit on.

How she did this is a mystery given that I would have sworn that the bowl of water contained the absolute minimum amount that seemed reasonable for an animal with runny-bum problems...

angry.gif POO PERL! angry.gif POO! POO!!

I don't know how she's suddenly managing to keep it all inside herself so efficiently! mecry.gif

laugh.gif

I'd be more worried if it were one of our other cats, but Perl is enormously robust. She comes from fine Liverpool Street Moggy stock, and she is definitely annoyed about the whole thing rather than worried or stressed.

I think of her as the Liza Tarbuck of the cat world. rolleyes.gif

STILL NO POO! She ate breakfast, what has she done with it???

Poor Perl. Do you think she could be holding it in because she doesn't want to poo in the same place that she has to eat and sleep? Most cats are very clean and particular about these things, my cats won't even poo in our garden- they leave it for my neighbours to deal with! rolleyes.gif

Could your vet not take a sample by putting a probe up her bum? Not very pleasant for poor Perl, but at least it would be over with quickly and she would free from the prison that you have so cruelly confined her to! laugh.gif