UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Tag - Market Research

lil_angel

That's cute! You could only engrave on the blank side obviously which wouldn't give a lot of room. Probably only Owners Name, Phone number and maybe 'microchipped' would fit on in a readable size, I would think. How much are they from other companies which include the engraving?

I want one!! :biggrin:

But as already said further up, it could only really fit your surname and moobile number on. Or maybe a medical condition? :glare: But that is sooooooo cute!

The dog on the front looks like my Spirit, and hes joining the Oldies Club this week as he hits 7 year old. Wonder if I can get him to model glasses... :mellow:

Edited by Moonbladez

The companies that sell them with free engraving give a price of around £7.

Its just a fun tag. I bought a tag for Louie once thats attached to his harness and it says I Love Cuddles on it :laugh:

The reason I asked is because I have an engraving machine (proper one not a hand one) so if you get some and send to me I could engrave the backs for free and send on to people who requested one and paid the OC for it. As I said previously though I would think only Surname and Tel. No would fit on at a sensible, readable size.

Oh wow well thats something else to consider :)

Ive had a look at the tags are approx. 27mm/ 1in diameter and 2mm/ 0.08in thick

Another pic of the tag from another site

olddogsl.jpg

If it was to just be a fun tag, you could have something like 'I support the Oldies' and the web address on it.

Well I guess individuals could have anything they wanted on it only restricted by the space to engrave at a sensible/readable size. I use basic circular metal 1" tags for my own dogs and engrave 4 or 5 lines with max. 12 letters across the widest part. The engraving is done with a diamond cutter and is readable for years on tags worn every day by my various dogs over the years.

• 1 month later...

I dont know how expensive it would be to make a fun tag, but if it were I agree it would be better with like your standard slogans and the web page. You always get people looking at your tags in general so its like a constant advertisement lol. I know id get them for mine if it would spread awareness and could sell them where you's sell the dog jackets/jumpers etc. But suppose that all depends on how much it would cost to get made up.

Maybe im a bit tight with money but i tend to spend about a fiver or less on my id tags which hang from a splitter. I pay more for my indigo tags obviously.

You could have a look here

http://http://www.carefromcontraband.co.uk/catalogue/Animal-Charity-Products/Smaller quantities might be possible if you ask. This company are very helpful & I'd recommend them for fundraising products. We used them a lot at the hospice. They usually have more products than appear on the website so worth a phone call for more info

Edited by Whizzie