UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Daisy Beat Up Another Dog

celeste

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is illegal for a dog to be off lead on a highway.

I thought it was dogs had to be undercontrol on the highway Mel,it will make things a lot easier if they had to be on a lead.

Before I moved house there were 2 dogs that would come racing out their owner's garden, they were reported by someone, not me, but still let their dogs do this. According to their owner their dogs were under control. :wacko:

Gracie was only 10ins high but she wanted to kill every dog she saw when I first got her, the rescue said she was dog friendly. It is much easier to pick her up than train her but that wouldn't have achieved anything.

I thought it was dogs had to be undercontrol on the highway Mel,it will make things a lot easier if they had to be on a lead.

It comes under the 1988 Road Traffic act that it's an offence for any person to cause or permit a dog to be on any designated road without being held on a lead. Can you tell I've been researching rolleyes.gif if her dogs run at mine again you can bet I'll be ready for her biggrin.gif

wot she said :laugh:

and also Under the Town Police Clauses Act of 1847 it is an offence for any person in any street: to let an unmuzzled ferocious dog be at large so that it obstructs or annoys the residents or passengers in the street or puts them in danger; or to set on or to urge any dog to attack, worry or put in fear any person or animal. A dog will not be at large while it is held on a lead. The word 'street' here is given an extended meaning to include any road, square, court, alley, thoroughfare or public passage.

meaning that the owner of the pap has pretty much broken every law there is appertaining to dogs :rolleyes: (and that i am a saddo whose head is filled with obscure laws :unsure: )

wot she said :laugh:

and also Under the Town Police Clauses Act of 1847 it is an offence for any person in any street: to let an unmuzzled ferocious dog be at large so that it obstructs or annoys the residents or passengers in the street or puts them in danger; or to set on or to urge any dog to attack, worry or put in fear any person or animal. A dog will not be at large while it is held on a lead. The word 'street' here is given an extended meaning to include any road, square, court, alley, thoroughfare or public passage.

meaning that the owner of the pap has pretty much broken every law there is appertaining to dogs :rolleyes: (and that i am a saddo whose head is filled with obscure laws :unsure: )

Does this act apply to Scotland?

no the town police clauses act doesnt but the road traffic act does which celeste is already aware of

i was replying to mrs mop who is in england and just citing another act meaning the same thing that would have applied to the situation she mentioned in her post :flowers: