UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Which Vacuum?

Jazz

as it seems ill have to buy a dishwasher as well, money is tight, but I need a vacuum cleaner. Ive got all wooden floors and a couple of rugs. henry hoovers seems cheap but people like them. would that be any good compared to a dyson?

what would you recommend please? 3 long haired dogs create a fair bit of hairs. most can be swept, but the rugs...

as it seems ill have to buy a dishwasher as well, money is tight, but I need a vacuum cleaner. Ive got all wooden floors and a couple of rugs. henry hoovers seems cheap but people like them. would that be any good compared to a dyson?

what would you recommend please? 3 long haired dogs create a fair bit of hairs. most can be swept, but the rugs...

Hi Alicia

I really like my Dyson animal but I think you would find it big and heavy. It does rugs and hard floors. :flowers:

looks a bit cheap, anyone tryed it?

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-6229.aspx

ive always wanted a henry ..

there are many bagless, when my net actually stays on so I can look properly. hopefully dyson will answer me and fix mine, but dont blame them if they wont. might be cheaper for them to be paid to fix it than buy a new one

I just dont kknnoowwwwwww :rolleyes:

looks a bit cheap, anyone tryed it?

http://direct.tesco....R.206-6229.aspx

ive always wanted a henry ..

there are many bagless, when my net actually stays on so I can look properly. hopefully dyson will answer me and fix mine, but dont blame them if they wont. might be cheaper for them to be paid to fix it than buy a new one

I just dont kknnoowwwwwww rolleyes.gif

I got a reconditoned Dyson off Ebay, was about £30 and its fabby

Everybody loves Dysons, and they all seem to be mourning their demise. I've never heard of anyone buying something so expensive, and accepting that it only lasts a few years! I vote for Sebo, even more expensive, a bit heavy, but unbelievably efficient, use bags (which are still cheaper than the filters in the bagless hoovers) and live forever.

ive just spoken to the lovely patient (he had to be!) man on the freephone number. ill ring him back later when lewis is here to take it apart while the man says what to do. my hands are no good so I couldnt do it. If there isnt a blockage or anything, then he will get an engineer out to fix it. dont know if ill have to pay, didnt get that far. but if its cheaper than buying another one, ill do it. watch this space.

the ebay shop did look good and cheap. if only lewis was working in dunstable again, id save on the postage

Everybody loves Dysons, and they all seem to be mourning their demise. I've never heard of anyone buying something so expensive, and accepting that it only lasts a few years! I vote for Sebo, even more expensive, a bit heavy, but unbelievably efficient, use bags (which are still cheaper than the filters in the bagless hoovers) and live forever.

I'm another Sebo fan, fantastic cleaning power in a multi dog/cat household, hard floors, one room carpeted. One lab and one dalmatian x shedding hairs all the time. Recently ran out of bags so used my Electrolux I keep upstairs, difference was remarkable

. I don't find the Sebo too heavy to move around although I have arthritis and in the past have had Dysons which I found very heavy indeed and not as effective (although both my children swear by them in their multi dog households). Having said that the old Henry hoovers do a great job as well. Good luck with your choice.

Sally

I love my heavy expensive industrial Sebo, but have to admit that I have small hand held Electrolux with an integral rotating brush that will fill pick up loads after doing it with the Sebo.

The problem with the snallers Dysons is that have a heat resistor cut out switch which is designed not to lose suction (by switching off). If the rubber band around the filter housing is missing or worn it often run hot and permanently switch off. They can be workled around although easy to replace.

We had our first Dyson for about six years. When my son moved into a flat, with nowhere to store his Dyson Animal cleaner, we bought him a cylinder cleaner, took his Dyson Animal and gave our Dyson to our other son and his wife. That was five years ago.

The original is still going strong.

Our Animal one blew up two years ago, when my husband improvised it into a dust remover when sanding a parquet floor. The motor overheated.

Our replacement one was on special offer at Argos and has a lifetime filter that needs an occasional wash.