UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Things Didn'T Really Go To Plan....

Laura_E

I've just got back from running a stall for the Oldies Club at the Shield Dog Show, and things didn't go too well :( The rain was pretty much torrential from the out set, but it didn't deter people from turning up so I started out with high hopes. But by the time it had got to 2.30 my entire stall was ruined and I had only made £25 :mecry:Despite having a gazebo, I was completely soaked through and EVERYTHING on my stall was too. Tess and Clyde were totally drenched and shivering, so I decided to call it a day.

I feel bad for not seeing the day through to the end, but I didn't want to risk either of the dogs (or me!) getting ill and the crowd weren't very friendly or willing to part with their money. Although it was supposed to be a companion dog show, people were taking it very seriously and showing about 10-15 dogs each. They were wheeling in trolleys packed to the rafters with dogs and There was absolutely no money in any of the three collection tins and one man even let his dog pee against the stand! :ohmy: I thought it was best to go before I ended up saying something to somebody and forever tarnishing the reputation of the Oldies Club!

On a more positive note, there were a few friendly people there and one lady invited me to have a stall at a show she is organising next Saturday. She said it would be a completely different crowd to today and much more in the spirit of a 'fun' show. I just need to see what I can salvage from my stock now and pray that it isn't damaged beyond repair!

Oh no what an awful day. £25 is good though. Just hope everything is ok when it dries out. Honestly you may not think you've made much for us but £25 is a lot of money to us and really does help. You've already got an invite to another show and I'm sure you'll have spread the word. If it's any consolation I've been getting wet weeding the garden. :laugh: Thanks for doing this today especially with everything that's going on personally. :flowers: :GroupHug:

Oh no, how awful! Well done for going though, and I hope you are all dried out and a bit warmer now.

I know what you mean about the 'serious dogshow' mob, they are rather odd aren't they! :wacko:

Good luck with the next show.

:flowers: Know just how you feel,I was so disappointed with my first 2 events as well - and I didn't even have the rain to blame as both days were glorious :dry: but it is getting really hard now to raise funds so even the smallest amount helps - and it's the publicity that is so vital as well,just making people aware Oldies exists is as useful as raising funds.