UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Beer Fun Dog Show

zico's mum

Did my first Oldies Stall of 2010 today at the Beer Fun Dog Show,was glorious weather,well attended but my word people are just not parting with their cash nowadays - or at least they weren't today.I made the grand sum of £34.50 which I was really disappointed in.There was a CPL stand beside me and they sold exactly 2 items,and one of those was bought by a helper.RSPCA stall ditto,they packed up and left very early as no-one was buying.Even my Teddy Tombola which at last year's shows were very very popular,today I sold just 2 tickets.But I had a lovely day out,lots of people stopped and asked about Oldies and not one had heard of us before today so that's a good result.On to the next one now and hopefully a bit more from that one.Here's the stall and some gratuitous pics of Duncan and Trixie on Exmouth beach where we headed to at 4.30 when I'd packed up.

Beer-Exmouth22-05-10002.jpg

Beer-Exmouth22-05-10021.jpg

Beer-Exmouth22-05-10018.jpg

Lynne truthfully that is a lot of money to have raised as it really does help us. People are struggling which is why we've run into trouble lately and are just having to watch the pennies. It does sound as though you've had an amazing day for spreading the word and that has a huge impact for us. Some of those you spoke to will start visiting the website and offering help at some point, whether financially or otherwise. It has been a lot more of a success than you think so thank you very much and well done :flowers:

Anything is better than nothing and I reckon you did well in the current climate. At least you had a lovely day and spread the word about the Oldies which has to be a good thing.

Unfortunately few people round here seem to have heard of the OC but I have a couple of posters stuck in our cars back side windows and it is surprising how many people stop to read these in car parks etc. I have had folk take down the details so I just hope if they or their family and friends are ever looking for an older dog, they will remember and get in touch.

Exactly,it's about spreading the word isn't it.I've a poster in the car too and have seen people stop and read it several times.Shame more cash wasn't raised but people may just remember OC next time they are looking to rehome a dog or know family/neighbours who are

Oh and as for moaning about people not buying I'm in the same boat right now,a really tough few months has meant I didn't spend much at all yesterday on stalls :blush02:

:flowers: Well done Lynn.

The farm we have our caravan parked at is at Beer and its a lovely place but quite small. We have OC stickers on our car and caravan and often see people looking at them but most people assume that its a club for humans :laugh: .Once I explain that its for oldie dogs they do seem very interested.x