UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hold It!

BillyMalc

You might remember the whole carry on with my order from Holistic Pet Supplies, a couple of months back. It eventually arrived about end of March :wacko: The fear remedy did absolutely nothing for Sparks - gave him it according to the instructions, but it didn't make an ounce of difference when we went to an agility show. Ordered some natural wormer too; Kiera's now got tape worm, so I've ordered good old Panacur again :rolleyes: I'm now unsure if the nosodes, that I've ordered from the same place, are any good at all, or if I should see if I can order these from somewhere else too.

However, I also ordered 'Hold It', a herbal mixture for incontinent bitches. Kiera's been incontinent and on Propalin for the last 5 or so years. During the last year she was on more than the recommended dosage for her weight, because she would 'leak' if I gave her any less - not good. I've slowly changed her over from Propalin to this Hold It herbal mixture, and for the last 2 weeks, Kiera's been solely on Hold It, with only one little accident, which, fair enough, was due to me having a lie in :rolleyes: I'm really really impressed with the stuff, so went to the manufacturer's, CSJ's, site and got some Calm Down for Sparky, and some Billy No Mates (:mecry:) for both of them to keep fleas and ticks at bay. Fast service, and a nice lady on the phone, who could answer my question whether any of these herbal mixtures would clash if given together (they don't!). All in all, well impressed, and I'm looking forward to seeing the effect of 'Calm Down' on my little wee man :wub: :)

CSJ have brilliant customer service and a lot of people on here will recommend them. I used to feed CSJ to my two but Neo was a fussy git in those days and wouldnt eat it. I used the Calm down herbs too but they didnt have much effect. Its one of those things that does help some and doesnt help others. I hope they work for Keira and Sparks. :flowers:

I'm sorry to hear that Ruthi! Give them a call maybe? Did you get an order confirmation and has payment been taken out of your account? (can you tell I did/do sales admin for a living? :rolleyes: ). My order took about a week or so to arrive, but it did say that in the order conf. :flowers:

Well, I'm very disappointed in CSJ. After I read what you said, I ordered the BNM. 7 days later I emailed them to ask when I might expect it, and I've had no reply.

I'm really pinning my hopes on this stuff, the ticks are rampant around here!

BNM didn't stop my dogs getting ticks.

The stuff has arrived at last, And Ceri did reply when I used the

BNM didn't stop my dogs getting ticks.

That's disappointing! Not really surprising, nothing else has worked either, including the expensive, and no doubt noxious, stuff the vet sold me.

I check them over daily, quite often more than once. But its very difficult with rough coated dogs, and about 10% seem to be missed and end up crawling around on the floor. I really don't know what else to do.

For the ones I do find, the Trix Tick Lasso is fab, much better than any other device I have used.

I think ticks are just part of life if you live somewhere with lots of deer and sheep.

The hounds don't seem to get them often (long legs and not much hair probably helps) but I've taken two off the cats just today. Yama Bungle always seems to get them on his face: none of the others get them there, so I dread to think where he is putting his inquisitive little nose! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...