UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Bargain For Gardeners

houndzrus

I saw these advertised last week and am a tad confuddled, seeds "know" which way is up, dunno how, but they do, so if you plant these seeds and have the device hung up, I don't think the seeds will grow out the bottom unsure.gif.

i think you grow the seeds in a pot to begin with and then when the plant is formed instead of chucking them in a bigger pot or grow bag you put the plant into the bag :flowers:

I saw these advertised last week and am a tad confuddled, seeds "know" which way is up, dunno how, but they do, so if you plant these seeds and have the device hung up, I don't think the seeds will grow out the bottom unsure.gif.

I thought they grew towards the light - and as the top of this is covered but the bottom isn't, presumably they grow downwards towards where the light is unsure.gif

i think you grow the seeds in a pot to begin with and then when the plant is formed instead of chucking them in a bigger pot or grow bag you put the plant into the bag :flowers:

Ah, that would be the logical answer laugh.gif

I thought they grew towards the light - and as the top of this is covered but the bottom isn't, presumably they grow downwards towards where the light is unsure.gif

But what about seeds that need to be planted an inch deep unsure.gif, I thought it was something to do with gravity unsure.gif

Plants tend to grow upwards.

That is why trailing species are grown , which will grow down rather than up.

An upright growing plant planted to grow out the bottom of a hanging basket will bend upwards as it grows.

A trailing species will trail down as it grows.

These seeds must be developed as a trailing variety

I thought that this sounded like a really good idea and tried to buy one - the transaction rejected.

I've just been on the phone to my credit card company and at the time I was trying to buy this someone was using my card details to get money from my account. Needless to say the transactions have been stopped and the card has now been destroyed.

But do be careful with this site. It may not be all it seems.

Diane

I thought that this sounded like a really good idea and tried to buy one - the transaction rejected.

I've just been on the phone to my credit card company and at the time I was trying to buy this someone was using my card details to get money from my account. Needless to say the transactions have been stopped and the card has now been destroyed.

But do be careful with this site. It may not be all it seems.

Diane

Thanks for that, and the PM. I won't use them again as it seems the site might have been hacked. I have previously bought a couple of items and had to return one with no problems at all. Shame really, but having credit cards used fraudulently is not a nice feeling. sorry folks :flowers:

Can a mod close the thread please and maybe change the title to warn not to buy?

Edited by houndzrus