UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

E45 Cream & Bleeding Hands

Jacobean

My hands have been bleeding across the knuckles as my skin has gone so dry. Cold weather and having to keep putting them in water isn't helping any. They're really bad today. Is it ok to put E45 on them? I've been managing with shoving loads of Nivea on and they haven't bled for a couple of weeks but have forgotten the last couple of days and it's all kicked off again.

Are they like tiny but very deep cracks? My hands get so dry the skin just splits (v painful)when it's cold, and the best thing I've tried is Lotil cream, it's brilliant. I use Lotil on the splits, and Neutrogena Norweigian Formula on the rest of my hands.

Hmm I suppose you could describe it like that yes. Since my ops my skin has been very dry. I'm used to greasy skin. Different areas will bleed profusely if I knock them now. Have to be careful if I get an itch. :rolleyes:

It gets worse and worse in a short space of time and it's embarrassing at times. I've been out for the day today and coming home they were literally pouring with blood. Not a good look when you need to go in a shop. I look like I've been in a fight :laugh:

I get very sore hands in cold weather. E45 is OK but I don't find it helps for long.

The best product I've found is Renew Intensive Skin Therapy by Melaleuca, which is magic on sore dry skin. Unfortunately I can't get hold if it any more as you can only buy it through nominated reps - a friend of mine used to be one but has stopped now.

If any wise Fugees are Melaleuca reps or know how I can get some more Renew I'd be very grateful!

I've foung that E45 is too "thin" when my hands get that dry. Another that uses Neutrogena and finds it very good. Wilkos own brand is good as well plus it's cheaper. Mind you I find that all handcreams sting like merry h*ll when my hands are bad.mad.gif

Trouble is my skins splits, so I use handcream like it is going out of fashion, forget a couple of days and I am back to sqare one!!rolleyes.gif

I get this too, the only thing that has worked for me is E45, i just smother it on all the time, especially at night before bed. It soothes, but doesnt heal. Im afraid Im one of those who wont go to the doctors, so I cant recommend anything else. But I find anything with a perfume in, i.e. "normal" handcreams, just makes it worse. Ive also changed my washing up liquid to Surcare, as anything else irritates my hands. But would be very interested to see if there is anything else, which may soothe AND heal.

Sorry to hear so many have this problem as it is blooming sore. The E45 doesn't really help but it takes the edge off until I can get something else tomorrow. I don't think it would be wise to shove Nivea on it at the mo. I'll try those things you all mention. Thanks. :flowers:

I get the same problem with my hands - not helped by forgetting to wear gloves when I go out in the cold :rolleyes:

I've tried all different handcreams, found a lot either too thin or too thick and greasy. The only one which works for me and has really made a difference is L'Occitane Shea Butter. It's not cheap but I only need a tiny bit at a time :flowers:

I tried E45 once, chemist suggestion, & found it useless. Sudocrem works on eczema etc & might be worth a try. Simple old Baby oil always seems good for moisture to me

Fee just have a look on Ebay or Amazon (it's listed there) or perhaps Google

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=melaleuca+renew&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_dmpt=UK_Health_Beauty_Natural_AlternativeTherapies&_odkw=melaleuca&_osacat=0