UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Advice Needed

Laura_E

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your kind words.

My parents took Jasper to the vets yesterday and have asked for him to be cremated so that they can scatter his ashes in the garden. They are still very upset at the moment and miss him terribly. It's amazing how much an animal can change your life in such a short space of time.

It is some comfort to know that he was loved and cared for in the last few months of his life. He was a very special boy and deserved nothing less. Run free now Jasper. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

My mum picked up Jaspers ashes from the vets today. On the way in she saw her next door neighbour and told her what had happened. At the time she didn't realise that her six year old son, Thomas, was within hearing shot and he ran off crying.

Tonight I bumped into Thomas's dad, Ray, in Tesco and he told me that he has been hiding underneath the chair in the front room all night crying and refusing to come out. When Ray asked him what was wrong he told him 'my best friends dead' mecry.gif

Apparently, unbeknown to my parents, Jasper used to sit on the bench with Thomas for hours and hours and wind the hours away. He was such a gentle soul. wub.gif

When Ray told Thomas he still had his own cat to play with, he replied 'I don't like him, he bites me' laugh.gif