UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2010 Diet Thread

Wendbert

:circle: :partytime: Finally! :guitar: :pinkie:

Well done, that's fantastic. flowers.gif

My diet trailed off after January and I have just got back on it, but I think it is way too late in the day now.

In the last week I have lost 7lbs, because I have been really pushing myself and sticking to 1000 calories a day. I was feeling really positive after fat club last night, but this morning I tried on my bridesmaid dress and couldn't zip it up sad.gif I can get it as far as my boobs and then it is just impossible. I decided enough was enough and rang up the store today to see if I could swap it for a size 14, but they told me that they are all sold out. I rang the product locator service and they said there is only one left in the entire country and it is in Sheffield. I asked if they could send it down so that I could swap it for the 12, but she said they couldn't send it for exchange and that I would have to buy it. It costs £160 ohmy.gif

Now I don't know what to do as the wedding is in 3 weeks and I just don't see any realistic way of losing the amount of weight needed in time for the wedding mecry.gif I have nobody to blame but myself, but I really don't know what I am going to do. Even if I lose another stone, I don't think it would be enough.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is exactly one week today until my friends wedding. So, I decided to bite the bullet instead of burying my head in the sand and tried on the bridesmaids dress, and.......I manged to zip it up! elefant.gif

The only thing is, it don't look pretty! Operation bridesmaid dress is now complete, the next mission is operation armpit fat! Does anyone have any advice on losing back fat in a week?!! I might have to resort to lunch time lipo! rolleyes.gif

Well done on getting into the dress! :biggrin: Maybe stick at what you have been doing this week. I know some ladies have body wraps before getting married. That tends to lose inches in the short term I believe, not that I have tried it. I am sure you will be fine by the end of the week. :flowers:

ive lost 7 kilos since november. Im pottering about since the knee replacement, but not exercising. ive not really changed my food either

Im having 'the camera' today to see if there is a reason why im losing it, but ive never been this light at 10 stone 5

im now a 12 bottom, still 18 top

• 2 months later...

I have smugly resurrected this thread because I have lost a stone by doing Weight Watchers for five weeks. I've never ever stuck to a diet for this length of time, am really enjoying the session I go to every Wednesday morning, have met some lovely people and the diet is really easy to stick to. Still another six stone to go but I really think I can stick with it this time.

• 5 weeks later...

i have been going to fat fighters ( slimming world ) since I got back from Sri Lanka last month and I have lost 8.5 pounds ,

i am currently wearing size 14 trousers and they are rather lose ! I don't think I am quite a 12 yet but its heading in the right direction

Mark and Grandma Squirrel joined in Mid September

Mark has lost 17 pounds and has been slimmer of the week , GS has lost 20.5 pounds and has been slimmer of the week and the month

Our next weigh in is tomorrow

But you look even smaller than a 12 though!

My weigh in is tomorrow but if it snows any more I'll not be going because my car does triple toe loops at the sight of the stuff :rolleyes: I've lost 17.5 lbs so far :biggrin:

17.5 thats fantastic well done you flowers.gif

I am ( loose ) 14 on the bottom and at least a 16 still on top , GS says I have broad shoulders ( I think she is being kind )

I am back from Slimming World where I lost another 2 pounds and I was slimmer of the week :jumpy:

so thats 10.5 pounds since I joined on October 26th :jumpy:

ive lost 12lbs in a year. im the lightest ive been since before I left school!

im closer to a 12 than a 14, need a belt

well done you flowers.gif I need a belt as well but I am not a belt wearer so I am just risking scary people with flashing my bum laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have good days and bad days. Yesterday and today were good but I know with a load of party food tomorrow it'll be bad :laugh: Saturday and Sunday are a doddle when I'm at work because all I take with me are satsumas, apples, pears and two Weight Watchers microwave meals, one for lunch and one for dinner. I don't go for a wander around town because I don't want to be tempted by naughty things. I don't know how disciplined I'll be after next Wednesdays weigh in though, we've got the following Wednesday off. I do know that no matter what, come January 2nd I'm getting back on the WW wagon!