UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Year Message From Dogstar

Hollysdad

The executive commitee and trustees of the Dogstar Foundation would like to say to one and all, happy new year 1133431?

As of this morning the number 1133431 is the registration number of a new uk Charity.

Dogstar Foundation Registered UK Charity Number 1133431.

We recieved confirmation this morning and we are all very pleased. The refuge is the first place to be told publicly, as you all have given us so much support and help since Samantha first employed a vet to treat Mango in 2006.

We have greatly appreciated that support over the last few years, at times it would have been easy to have given up. However in the darkest of days some of you provided the encouragement or the support that kept us going. So thank you......

Needless to say Samantha has a smile the size of the sun over in Sri Lanka currently. It does make me think that having been validated and accepted by the Charity Commision has made all the sacrifices worth while. Its been made worthwhile by knowing and seeing some of the 1000 animals that have been sterilised, and some of the 1700+ that have been vaccinated. What I mean by sacrifices is:

For a long while Dogstar was funded just by Samantha and Me.

Samantha and I spend lots of time apart and it has caused us to row at times. The pressure to "do something" that is felt when we are in Sri Lanka is sometimes a bit over powering. The stress of organising the larger clinics, locations/vets/medicines etc can make you want to pull your hair out.

So its not without its troubles......

I as Mark, am so very pleased for Samantha. Dogstar was her creation and I am so very very proud of her :-)

And as I said to the refuge towards the top of the ramble "Thank you one and all"

Mark

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! does that mean then that Sam won't have to be so personally involved in the future? Once she gets another job (which I'm sure will be soon!) she will only have holiday periods to visit Sri Lanka in, and the most tolerant of husbands could well get stroppy about that.