UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Years Resolutions

chickentikka

Apart from the loose weight, stop smoking/drinking type resolutions, has anyone made anything different. I have resolved to find the inner me which used to be fun, flirty, fit and rude but was beaten and cowed down for too long. For starters I have signed up for belly dancing classes and intend to do a 10k run in May.

I'm with tiks on this one: my positive inner self found me last week, it really was a lightbulb moment, and I intend to keep it up! I've been practising all week as it is and I'm proper excited about this year :biggrin:

I've also started to work out again, and taken up running and it feels great! A 10k is definitely in the pipeline for this year too! :biggrin: And hopefully with all that the pounds should start shifting too. I've "filled out" from a size 10 to a generous size 12 and I want to fit into me old comfy clothes again :rolleyes:

I have a long list for this year.

10K to do early Feb - I'll have to run/walk it as I've only just been able to start running again after injury but I'm determined not to pull out of it (I entered it before my injury)

Then planning a 8miler in April, a duathlon and triathlon or two in the summer with a half marathon in Sept/Oct-ish.

Agility with Breck - find a trainer for private lessons, hopefully win out of grade 1 this year (even better to get to grade 3!) Ignore current trainer when she advises to punish him for sniffing on course - she doesn't seem to understand that he does this as a stress thing, so I need to work on upping the reinforcement rate, increasing value for agility etc. Revisiting weaving as this is when he starts sniffing, so we need to go back and retrain it.

Start TTouch training - first workshop booked in for March

Stop leaving college and work stuff until the last minute all the time.

Work on a new engineer training program for work, also look at mentoring program for chartership

Learn to switch off PC at 5.30 and not answer emails in evenings, on holiday and days off or do support work over the weekend.

Do more stuff for dogstar

Do more clicker shaping sessions with all the dogs.

Teach a group loose lead walking, they are all fine one on one but awful when not walked alone.

Keep accurate training data for all training sessions with the dogs. I am really very bad at this and progress would be significantly quicker and more consistent if I kept records.

Find a field to rent or at the very least sort the garden out so can train agility without lugging equipment to park etc.

Do little and often cleaning of the house so I never again have to spend an entire weekend and evenings of the following week sorting it out before my parents come to stay over.

Give up coke zero and Dr Pepper etc. - this is possibly the most difficult, I did manage for a bit in 2009 but started drinking them again when I attended college in Oct.

Get dissertation project done with analysis complete by end of year so only write up left for early 2011. This is an absolute must.

Decide what I'm doing with this 2nd degree and whether I want to start a training/behaviour business or not. If I do - bloody get on with it!

Should probably prioritise this list really....

I have a long list for this year.

10K to do early Feb - I'll have to run/walk it as I've only just been able to start running again after injury but I'm determined not to pull out of it (I entered it before my injury)

Then planning a 8miler in April, a duathlon and triathlon or two in the summer with a half marathon in Sept/Oct-ish.

Agility with Breck - find a trainer for private lessons, hopefully win out of grade 1 this year (even better to get to grade 3!) Ignore current trainer when she advises to punish him for sniffing on course - she doesn't seem to understand that he does this as a stress thing, so I need to work on upping the reinforcement rate, increasing value for agility etc. Revisiting weaving as this is when he starts sniffing, so we need to go back and retrain it.

Start TTouch training - first workshop booked in for March

Stop leaving college and work stuff until the last minute all the time.

Work on a new engineer training program for work, also look at mentoring program for chartership

Learn to switch off PC at 5.30 and not answer emails in evenings, on holiday and days off or do support work over the weekend.

Do more stuff for dogstar

Do more clicker shaping sessions with all the dogs.

Teach a group loose lead walking, they are all fine one on one but awful when not walked alone.

Keep accurate training data for all training sessions with the dogs. I am really very bad at this and progress would be significantly quicker and more consistent if I kept records.

Find a field to rent or at the very least sort the garden out so can train agility without lugging equipment to park etc.

Do little and often cleaning of the house so I never again have to spend an entire weekend and evenings of the following week sorting it out before my parents come to stay over.

Give up coke zero and Dr Pepper etc. - this is possibly the most difficult, I did manage for a bit in 2009 but started drinking them again when I attended college in Oct.

Get dissertation project done with analysis complete by end of year so only write up left for early 2011. This is an absolute must.

Decide what I'm doing with this 2nd degree and whether I want to start a training/behaviour business or not. If I do - bloody get on with it!

Should probably prioritise this list really....

:ohmy: :ohmy:

That's enough resolutions for all the fugees put together :laugh:

Good luck and I hope you achieve at least some of them :flowers:

due to my illness and having at least two "bed days" a week I find it very hard to exercise as it leaves me exhausted after about a minute. But I am determined to lose weight. I started in August and I am nearly at my first stone,in spite of putting on over xmas,so it has given me added incentive.

Also,hubby is leaving work at the end of this month to be my full time carer so my next resoloution is to have more fun,I am sure that I can stick to that one !! :laugh: We are going to use the caravan in Devon and Chalet in Essex much more and do more "nice" things together.

I am sticking with rescue work,even tho I can only do small dogs now,and am going to put more into it.

Well thats mine,none too hard to stick to. :laugh: x

First day back at work and I nearly managed it - logged off around 6pm, which is way better than average. And I've switched my blackberry off until tomorrow morning :biggrin:

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

That's enough resolutions for all the fugees put together laugh.gif

Wasn't far off what I was thinking.

Never really bothered with resolutions, though I know what they should be this year.......... only question is can I be bothered?

I've for some time had a vague notion that one of these days I might run a marathon - just to prove I could if I wanted to - & raise some money in the process but haven't done anything about it. At the minute I could just about run to catch the bus........... if only I wouldn't rather just get in the car instead rolleyes.gif

I also keep thinking I must stop frittering so much time away on forums etc ...... but seemingly can't be bothered to break / lessen the habit, even though I sometimes think goodness knows why huh.gif

Perhaps it's time I did set myself some goals mellow.gif

I have three -

Do something different - sorted, signed up for a counselling course that starts in a couple of weeks :)

Do something worthwhile - would love to get back into dog rescue but no-one wants me! I can't foster or scrub kennels due to my FM (yes I have contacted all of the places you would expect to contact in the past few moths and people have said they would get back to me and never have :( ) so I need to think of something else to do.

Do something about my FM - I wrote a chart yesterday of symptoms, how I deal with them, how the make me feel and what I could do to improve them and *may* have had a slight tizzy fit. Will be going to see Dr next week (had more blood tests done last week) and will show her the chart then demand if not fixage at least more help! I cannot accept that I am going to be 'disabled' and unemployable for the rest of my life!

I only made three otherwise I would have forgotton them..... :laugh: