UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Camping Weekend 2010

olivea

Yes I know it's only 1st of Jan, however, looking at the dull dreary sky and the snow falling, my thoughts are going to the summer and weekends away and holidays!!

Last year I couldnt go to the camping weekend as it fell on my holidays but I'm going to try and incorporate it into my hols if I can, so I wondered if anyone had decided what dates the camping weekend would be???

I have only literally in the last week brought this up in the committee room. We are looking into it and trying to decide if its best to go to the same place or try somewhere else if we could find other options with the same facilities (i.e camping and b&b on same site). Likelihood to be end of June beginning of July time again but nothing has been agreed yet.

Also with Oldies Club doing Canine Capers 2010 in Bedfordshire there will be another opportunity for a camping weekend on the 18/19th September.

Googley Oldies Map

Right I hope the link works. Just an idea but we found this the best way to plan dog walks, camping, and we even found out it helps with home checks and transport runs rolleyes.gif

If you add your little sticky note to the map, then it will be easier planning the best place to meet up depending on where everyone is. And it will help the co orinators see where everyone is for transport/homechecking.

Im not sure if you need an account, but if you dont want to set up an account to be able to add your mark. You can message me the first bit of your post code. Your name and if your able to transport or home check and I can add it for you.

Just an idea!

Find your home by pressing + - (zoom in zoom out) and the arrow buttons at the top.

Then click the "add a placemark" icon ... blue upside down teardrop thingy ... this lets you move it to where your house is. Once the tear drop is in place on the left there is a listing headers in blue .... click on yours (which will be something like Placemark 3) and it will allow you to edit it .... write your name and description in the box and then click Save at the top of page. :biggrin: