UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Best/Worst Presents

Spins4me

A potato peeler - yes, a potato peeler! From MIL (ofcourse) and OH insists I once said I wanted this particular type of potato peeler (it fits into a frame and becomes a mini mandoline as well).......... :laugh:

OH bought me a supa doopa food processor and an IKEA sheepskin, so that made up for it :)

what didn't i get!!!!!! i got proper spoilt again :biggrin: my mum and dad got me a new lcd tv and a flip video camera thingy along with a shed load of other gifts, my bro and his partner got me some useful dog walking gifts and then between my parents and me my bro bought us a new netbook :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: a very unexpected and expensive gift, he then helped me sort out my laptop and make that wireless too :biggrin: i didn't get one bad gift

i actually had a great crimbo this year (i hate christmas) and not 1 argument :unsure:

what didn't i get!!!!!! i got proper spoilt again biggrin.gif my mum and dad got me a new lcd tv and a flip video camera thingy along with a shed load of other gifts, my bro and his partner got me some useful dog walking gifts and then between my parents and me my bro bought us a new netbook ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif a very unexpected and expensive gift, he then helped me sort out my laptop and make that wireless too biggrin.gif i didn't get one bad gift

i actually had a great crimbo this year (i hate christmas) and not 1 argument unsure.gif

Crikey, can your parents adopt me please?! laugh.gif

I actually did quite well this year too. I got the box set of Sookie Stackhouse novels, some Vans (trainers) a vegan cookbook (La Dolce Vegan), hair straightners and a lovely necklace from my best friend.

I didn't get any bad presents, although I don't drink so the bottles of wine that my aunt gave me will have to be passed on as gifts to somebody else at a later date!

I didn't get one bad present. Got 2 bottles of Yves Saint Laurent Perfume,Rive Gauche & Parisienne plus jewellery from my fab OH. However, the best present has to be a flight to see the Norhtern Lights from our children to OH and myself! We fly on February 16, his 60th Birthday! We are so lucky to have such thoughtful and generous 'children'(they are 19 and 22. We both cried!

However, the best present has to be a flight to see the Norhtern Lights from our children to OH and myself! We fly on February 16, his 60th Birthday! We are so lucky to have such thoughtful and generous 'children'(they are 19 and 22. We both cried!

WOW!! I would have cried too!!

I dont think i got any bad pressies this year either, even the mother inlaw did 90 percent well..

i got off motherinlaw, black handbag, wine, choc, money, a dodgy scare but ok for dog walking :laugh: , off her companion, we got money, and his grandaughter bought us wine and christmas flowers, hubby got me leggings trainers, jumper, cds, thorntons, doll from the dogs, more choccies from cats, erm make up box, foot spa thingy, and make up bag with applicators, friends got me pjs, a giant baby romper suit lol its lovely and warm, vibrator neck thing, calendars, choccys, wine..

think thats about it, just sampling the thorntons now lol :laugh: got lots of wine, we do each year comes in handy for raffle prizes later on :laugh: :laugh:

I also had a pressie which made me cry - it was such a surprise. A few years ago not long after my dad died I went away with my mum for a short break and we went to an antique fair in Telford, I fell in love with a necklace set which was a replica of the original piece, despite it being a replica it was lovely and was still a bit pricey I could have treated myself to it, and my mum also offered to buy it for me, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay £40 for a necklace (or let my mum pay for it either). I took the stall holders details in case i changed my mind and let it go .... ever since then I have regretted it and sods law meant I lost the sellers details so was never able to track her down. I have looked for the necklace off and on over the years but with no success, and even similar style replicas cost a lot of money so I have never bought one.

Christmas morning I opened a pressie from my mum, before I reached it I found a hand written letter from my mum in the wrapping - it started "please don't be cross with me for spending so much but ..." inside the wrapping was a necklace & earrings set only it's not a replica - it's an original 1920's piece ohmy.gif I just burst into tears, I love it - apparently she went to another antiques fair with my aunt and found it there and couldn't resist getting it for me. wub.gif wub.gif

I want a giant baby romper suit too !!!! mecry.gif you don't happen to know where they got it do you ?

Yeah, they got it from Primark, its lovely and warm and fluffy, although think the feet were for elephants, just threw socks on top, wore it christmas day night and i was warm as toast.. i could do with another couple esp when im up late at night and heating isnt on... :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, they got it from Primark, its lovely and warm and fluffy, although think the feet were for elephants, just threw socks on top, wore it christmas day night and i was warm as toast.. i could do with another couple esp when im up late at night and heating isnt on... :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you flowers.gif

Primark, here I come !