UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Benny Ben

Moonbladez

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would give you a quick update. Thank you all so much for the get well wishes.

Apparently he has been to the vets every day (sometimes twice a day) since his fit, and the vet is pleased with his progress. He is jumping around like he is a 3 yr old puppy again. But he can't take corners at the moment and is still a bit wibbly.

He is on wet food, eating dry food seems a bit too much for him at the moment.

But Ben is rather upset as we had to throw his big cushion out because when he fitted he lost control of his bladder. And no ammount of washing was getting rid of the smell. I gave him that cushion on the night I found him walking the streets 17 years ago, so it was probably quite raggedy any way.

Thank you all so much again Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

• 2 months later...

Poor Ben he has had a rough few months. First he had his stroke, which he recovered from fine.

But the scans showed up a small mass at the back of his nose, which turned out to be cancer. It has spread furiously and has headed for his lymph nodes and throat. He is on medication to ease it, but he is finding it hard to breath now due to swelling.

So my Dad has took a week off work so he can spoil him rotten, both my dad, the vet and myself (to an extent) has decided that we think it is time to help him on to the Bridge after next week.

Am so sorry to hear this, but it's good that you have planned to have some time together before he has to leave you. That will be very special and precious to you and you will be able to heap love on him and he will go peacefully and gladly at the end. The hardest of all things to do, but ultimately the best for him Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to you and your family and of course to Ben xxxxx