UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Do You Go About

Katiebob

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before but I can't find any relevant threads and Sue & I now need to take in a lodger to make ends meet. Trouble is, although we've got a lovely home and it's in a great location, we do have lots of dogs (and cats and horses and chickens) and so whoever we get needs to be an animal lover. It's also a bit muddy in the winterunsure.gif.

Does anyone have any tips on how we should advertise or even where we should advertise please? flowers.gif Any other advice would also be very welcome.

There are some large-ish companies where we live who keep lists of lodgings for employees moving into the area. Not sure where you are so this might not be appropriate. Also our local council has advertised for lodgings for people looking for somewhere to live.

Don't know if that's any help. :flowers:

Agricultural/veterinary colleges if there are any near you, sounds like the perfect place for someone wanting to work with animals.

Years ago when I advertised for a lodger in a free ads paper I stupidly let on that I was living alone and gave my name - cue the dirty phone calls - don't give too much personal info in your ads is all I can advise :rolleyes: :laugh:

My lodger came with her own cat and was more than happy to look after mine - we're still friends now, 20 years later. Good luck :flowers:

Local Paper

Free Ads Paper

hospital notice board

university notice board

local shops

local libraries

country life

farmers mags

large corporate companies

employment agencies looking for homes for polish etc

However be very careful who you take in, check reference, even if they seem nice, i fell for that once or twice in my younger days and had a star trek freak who was really weird.. a girl who turned out to be a bit on the weirdo side mentally and its not nice when it doesnt work out and you have to ask them to leave.

Local Paper

Free Ads Paper

hospital notice board

university notice board

local shops

local libraries

country life

farmers mags

large corporate companies

employment agencies looking for homes for polish etc

However be very careful who you take in, check reference, even if they seem nice, i fell for that once or twice in my younger days and had a star trek freak who was really weird.. a girl who turned out to be a bit on the weirdo side mentally and its not nice when it doesnt work out and you have to ask them to leave.

Thank you! great ideas there and I'll definitely look into those.

Your local vet practices? Might have new vets/nurses looking for somewhere to rent.

Sounds like heaven!

Thank you! We think it is heaven and we would take a lodger with a pet, providing it could get on or live with ours.

We're near Ashford in Kent btw.

I need to go to spec savers because I read the title as " Getting a badger"

:lol: we have loads of badgers around here - not planning on getting more yetlaugh.gif