UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Princess Tara Banana

cycas

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: just look at that face in the 3rd photo.Love her little I need a home jacket as well,did you make it? A great idea,bet it gets her even more noticed,because of course she's so gorgeous she gets plenty of notice anyway :wub:

I didn't really make the 'I need a home' jacket - I bought a cheapo one and wrote on it with permanent marker! (Actually, I did that for foster Saffy back in the summer, although Tara is about twice the size, it does fit her as well, with the strategic application of some extra velcro...)

Unfortunately the weather makes it less than practical, she gets it muddy and it appears that permanent marker is not so permanent that it stays on through the washing machine! Who knew? though I'm sure if you wanted it to come off, it wouldn't... :laugh:

She is wearing one of the new 'I need a home' collars now, much more practical, and she has an INAH lead for lead walks as well.

Lovely that you can let her off lead to play so early on, so she can enjoy much more freedom to play and paddle in that lovely spot you have there.

We're lucky in that pretty much that whole area is fenced, thereare no sheep, and at this time of year not that many people or dogs either. We do get deer up there in the summer, but they go down into the valleys when the bracken dies down.

But her recall is great, she doesn't want to chase anything but balls anyway and although she's an active girl there is no way she'd be agile enough to jump a fence, so she's been a pretty relaxing foster!

Edited by cycas

Tara Banana curls up small!

She has also been taking lessons on lead walking from the sighthounds and now has the most wonderful loose lead walk, I'm very impressed, imagine someone did quite at bit of work on that at some point. I was expecting a boxer to pull like a train, but once I'd told her 'no pulling' and stopped walking, she quickly started trotting neatly by my side.

Az seems to like her:

12141_1293487620807_1338782395_826516_1206651_n.jpg

12141_1293495861013_1338782395_826546_3503137_n.jpg

Tara Banana is bereaved. She accidentally dropped her beloved blue rubber ball down a rabbit hole this morning and it rolled away inside the hill too far for me to reach. There was a lot of puffing and protesting before we were allowed to go home and leave it behind.