UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What Defines You?

BillyMalc

One of my friends asked this question on facebook, and I found it an interesting one. No idea what the answer should be either: should it be characteristics or visual/tangible/audible?

Any case, just to make a start, what defines me is: I'm impatient, grumpy on the one hand with a sense of humour on the other, and black socks for office gear :wacko:

Over to you! :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am what I am - whilst these days I too wear black socks Some years ago, as a young(er!) man I went to a job interview with an MD who asked me what I'd say if he said I couldn't wear white socks to work.

Don't recall my exact answer but it was along the lines that I'd wear what I liked (it was just a job interview he was not buying my soul / personality). Needless to say he thanked me for coming - said something like the most interesting interview he'd ever had - but no, he didn't give me the job :glare:

So, why is the colour of your socks important Billy?

Ian - it's not important, but it just so happens that I have an awful lot of black socks, which I happen to wear to work. Most cheap socks these days are black, and once you've acquired a load you might as well stick with that colour, makes for easier washing (no red socks turning your white shirt pink!). So that's why I thought it'd be something easy, and visible, of what I think would define me - no deeply seated psychological issues, honest! :laugh:

I wear socks of varying colours, and whether they match or not is imaterial :laugh:

I am reasonably laid back, but my temper is probably what defines me and what people are wary of about me. I am horrible when I lose it :unsure: I have been described as a control freak - I am organised yes, I like to know where I am up to and what I need to do next, but I dont think I am a control freak :unsure:

I have been labelled as a grumpy kennel owner :laugh: Grumpy is probably how you would percieve me if you talked down to me for long enough, made jokes about me that were infact hurtfull rather than funny and remind me of my lack of actual qualifications and abilities in some fields. For those that find me grumpy, I can find you many others who know I will move mountains for friends if they need me to, and will drop everything to rush to someone if they call.

I am also very intolerant :laugh: I really cant suffer fools and am sooooooo bad at hiding my distain for people. At the end of the day Im very easy to read. what you see is what you get. Be nice and I am nice. Act like a bitch and so will I :D

Control freaks don't admit to being control freaks - it would mean losing control :wink:

By the way, I am nice :laugh:

hmmmm thats a bit of a 'heads you win, tails i lose' scenario then :laugh: Im organised, i like to know what Im doing and I hate being late.... so if that makes me a control freak when Im trying to do something then yes I am... or am I :wacko:

My ups and downs (they are me, they make me). My sensitivity, my passion (and sometimes short temper), my sometimes impatience, my love for my husband and my dogs, my photography, my love for all animals, my hair, my quirks. Reiki and chocolate :)

Oh and I admit I'm a control freak, so I'm not sure about that theory :laugh: