UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

So, So Proud Of My Sno

ReikiAnge

Sno has had very little direct contact with children, though he has increasingly got used to "hearing them", either playing at the local school or in nearby gardens when we're out walking. The other day we walked into a field to find two kids headed our way with a remote controlled helicopter type thing and although we didn't get up really close, they did fly it a few times and I was very pleased that he wasn't bothered by either the kids or the noise/movement of the toy.

Yesterday we bumped into a lady with her daughter and a few dogs so we stopped for a chat. I was watching Sno carefully to make sure that he wasn't scared of the girl but she thought he was lovely and he seemed to return the feeling, he was very happy to be stroked by her - and she was a lovely kid and obviously very good around dogs.

I was so pleased I asked the mother if I could take a few photos and she was very happy for me to do that, so here they are, of the two of them posing together, having met just a few minutes before :wub:

p592557988-3.jpg

p789849859-4.jpg

I just love this one :wub: :wub: Believe me he was feeling exceptionally comfortable with her to do that :biggrin:

p797142049-4.jpg

I was so over the moon with him and was almost in tears as we said goodbye :laugh:

Must also give Mins some credit as I am sure she has helped boost his (and my) confidence :wub:

Thank you all :flowers:

He reminds so much of my Sophie - you must be soooo proud :flowers:

I've thought the same about Sophie when I've seen video of her :wub:

That's just absolutely fantastic!!! :partytime:

Having a dog who is socially not the most confident, I know how a seemingly little thing actually is massive progress. Well done Sno :wub: - and you for persevering! :flowers: :flowers:

Thank you - and that's exactly it, if I took a photo of Mins with a child it would just be a cute photo as she loves children and I've made sure she has met lots since we adopted her, but with Sno it was such a special moment :wub: I know he will never be the kind of dog I can take just anywhere but it is lovely to realise his progress :)