UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Insurance

celeste

Have you tried Animal Friends pet insurance, I'm moving Farah there shortly from Direct Line as the price is similar for better cover, and the company supports animal welfare. Oh and if you are a member of the Co-op then you get dividend vouchers too biggrin.gif

I wholeheartedly second that recommendation, AFI are brilliant. Great cover, only deal with pet insurance so experts in that field, excellent customer service and a very ethical company. I would be very surprised if they wouldn't cover a TM. Elaine who runs the company is marvelous biggrin.gif

Lorraine

Have you tried Animal Friends pet insurance, I'm moving Farah there shortly from Direct Line as the price is similar for better cover, and the company supports animal welfare. Oh and if you are a member of the Co-op then you get dividend vouchers too :biggrin:

I did get a quote from them, but More Than was more cover for cheaper, the problem seems to be with the breed, a lot of places won't touch TM's, even though they have them listed in that wee drop down gadget, it waits until you've entered all your details then says "sorry we can't accept that breed" which is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING :angry:

Thanks for the suggestion though :flowers:

Well, found out a bit more, apparently More Than's cover isn't great, I think they only give you cover for the year, rather than per condition :unsure: two that get mentioned as being the most trustworthy are Axa and NFU.....bit more digging is needed I think.

Pet Plan wanted £44 per month :biglaugh:

Our cover is for life.

We were with M&S for most of their pets and it was good value, but the renewal price have been horrendous, whereas renewal with More Than have been reasonable. If you still want the online discount with More Than, cancel your policy and start again! That's what I did, unless of course you hae claimed for a condition that will be ongoing.

[quote name='Brenda' date='13 October 2009 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1255459225'

If you still want the online discount with More Than, cancel your policy and start again! That's what I did, unless of course you hae claimed for a condition that will be ongoing.

:laugh: never thought of that

errrr, dunno what happened there :unsure:

What's going on ? I'm posting in the quote !

Edited by celeste

Animal Friends are no longer underwritten by E & L.

Who are your underwriters

Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited

For the full protection of UK insurance customers RSL are members of the ABI, The Financial Ombudsman Scheme and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, so consumers are protected on all fronts. RSL were Licensed by the Gibraltar Financial Service Commission in January 2004.

They do have different levels of cover, so make sure it is the lifelong cover you are quoted for.

Animal Friends are no longer underwritten by E & L.

Who are your underwriters

Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited

For the full protection of UK insurance customers RSL are members of the ABI, The Financial Ombudsman Scheme and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, so consumers are protected on all fronts. RSL were Licensed by the Gibraltar Financial Service Commission in January 2004.

They do have different levels of cover, so make sure it is the lifelong cover you are quoted for.

Thanks for the info, they'll be getting added to the "look into further" pile :flowers:

• 3 weeks later...