UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Insurance

celeste

Just thinking into the future and looking to see how much I'll get fleeced for insurance for Bem the TM.......YIKES ! insurance for big dogs has gone up some since I had Louie I can tell you :wacko:

Looked at Axa and they wouldn't even touch a TM, Direct Line want £19 for £4000 of cover that will only last for 12 months (rubbish) More Than want £25 for £7000 per condition which I might go for if I don't find something else, does anybody use More Than ? or any other suggestions ?

the more than policy is a £7000 for life policy but you have to pay 10% of the bill as well as the excess.

pudding our last bulldog was insured with them and maude has just been insured with them i dont mind the ten percent bit as there are so few companies who will insure bulldogs and those that do charge double what more than do so weighing it up i think its worth it.

Hi

we are with more than with our spud @ £30 a month , but someone who has recently adopted a dog from us, a two year old male are with the caravan club and just insured their new lad with them for £130 a year [ you do have to member of the club but thats only £22 a year ]

looks to good to be true but would need checking out first

here is a link

caravan club pet insurance

jon

I called NFU as maudes policy can be cancelled however they will only allow 2,000 unless i have her hip scored and if i do that then it will only be a maximum of 4,000.

Theres nothing wrong with maudes hips but im not prepared to risk another anaesthetic so soon after her neuter and prior caesarian so i guess ill stick with more than

Well, found out a bit more, apparently More Than's cover isn't great, I think they only give you cover for the year, rather than per condition :unsure: two that get mentioned as being the most trustworthy are Axa and NFU.....bit more digging is needed I think.

Pet Plan wanted £44 per month :biglaugh:

Well, found out a bit more, apparently More Than's cover isn't great, I think they only give you cover for the year, rather than per condition :unsure:

Not according to their website

Get 20% off when you apply for MORE TH>N pet insurance online. Up to £7,000 cover for every new accident or illness your pet may have. No time limit to spending the vet fees benefit- providing protection against long term ailments such as Arthritis or Eczema (not just the first 12 months like some other competitors.

Take out MORE TH>N pet insurance. 20% off when you buy online. Up to £7,000 cover for every accident or illness your pet may have. No maximum age limit

But remember you will lose that 20% discount when your renewal comes due.

Well, found out a bit more, apparently More Than's cover isn't great, I think they only give you cover for the year, rather than per condition :unsure: two that get mentioned as being the most trustworthy are Axa and NFU.....bit more digging is needed I think.

my more than policy is for life :huh: the only issue is the excess plus 10% which they did not have when pudding was insured, but they payed up with no probs and direct to vet too so had no issues with service

petplan wanted £54 a month for maude :ohmy: so working it out id have to have a claim of 2000 pounds a year to have to pay the 200 plus extra petplan want with the 10% more than want towards a claim so i think its worth it.

Not read the whole thread so forgive me if it's already been mentioned, but have you tried M&S? :flowers:

Not read the whole thread so forgive me if it's already been mentioned, but have you tried M&S? :flowers:

M & S used to be one of the better ones , and I still have Daisy with them, but once your pet hits a certain age (5 I think) you get hit with massive hikes in the monthly payments, they did this with Spud, even though I'd never claimed, he went from £11 to £20, there was also an issue with one of their conditions, where they expect you to phone their on-line nurse hot line before you go to the vet, or something like that, thank you for the suggestion though :flowers:

I'll have to go back and have another look at More Than, I was getting my info from Money Saving Expert on their forum, a few people said that when you read between the lines you weren't getting the cover you thought you were.

Have you tried Animal Friends pet insurance, I'm moving Farah there shortly from Direct Line as the price is similar for better cover, and the company supports animal welfare. Oh and if you are a member of the Co-op then you get dividend vouchers too :biggrin:

We are the only UK pet insurance company to donate 100% of our net profits to help animal charities worldwide