UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Milly Has Another Lump :(

merledogs

I tied off the lump on her back leg last night to see if it would drop off and when I came home this evening it had disappeared :unsure: I can't find the thing either, I expect it's been eaten :sick01: I hope that it's not going to do any harm to whoever has eaten it.

Her leg looks much more comfortable though.

That sounds good! :) (not the eating of said lump tho! :sick01:)

Just remembered that one of my neighbours' dog, Mahoney, lived with a lump, the size of a football, round his neck for years. It was an inoperable lump but it hardly appeared to cause him any grief up till the day he died of old age. :)

The wound where the lump came off is smelling a bit stinky, so we are off to vets this afternoon at 3.40 to get some antibiotics.

Apart from that, she is still fairly lively, but I am taking each day as it comes at the moment as the lump on her neck is now so big I can't fit it in my hand sad.gif

Saw another vet today that we hadn't seen before. She suggested an operation to stitch up Milly's back leg (before she had looked at Milly's notes). I said that I was very reluctant to put her through a GA, given her condition and also because I don't want her going through the rigmarole of going into the vets, having the op then coming out, which she finds stressful anyway.

So we have antibiotics and some big dressing pads to try, but she said for the first few days, put Milly's buster collar on and let the wound heal. Fat chance of me doing that, she hates the buster collar :rolleyes: I am going to pop to the charity shop and see what I can get her in the way of toddler clothes which will cover her back leg - maybe an ickle pair of trousers with the end taped round her ankle on that leg, so it doesn't ride up.

A woman in the waiting room suggested that I put her in the waggiest tail class at the fun day a week Saturday :wub: Said woman had three children with her, the two older ones (about 7 or 8ish at a guess) were very polite and asked if they could stroke her. I said they could, as she looked comfortable enough with them, so they gently stroked her while she wriggled, but when the youngest child came towards her she started to look uncomfortable so the mum told the kids to stop. It was nice to meet such well behaved children, such a sensible dog-centric mum and I was very proud of Milly cos usually she's very scared of kids of any age :wub:

A woman in the waiting room suggested that I put her in the waggiest tail class at the fun day a week Saturday :wub: Said woman had three children with her, the two older ones (about 7 or 8ish at a guess) were very polite and asked if they could stroke her. I said they could, as she looked comfortable enough with them, so they gently stroked her while she wriggled, but when the youngest child came towards her she started to look uncomfortable so the mum told the kids to stop. It was nice to meet such well behaved children, such a sensible dog-centric mum and I was very proud of Milly cos usually she's very scared of kids of any age :wub:

Milly :wub: :wub:

Continuing to send Reiki and I know others are too :GroupHug: