UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thought For Con Please

kats n greys

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: It is very manageable if you regularly ACTH test and get the dose of meds. right.

First thing is always to do the test to see if it is adrenal or pituitary. Frankly I would insist that that is done. It is usually benign but can be malignant so wise to find out exactly what you're dealing with as opposed to simply managing the symptoms.

Lots of info. out there, a good site:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/cushing_s_disease.html

Scroll down to the page to the last text box and there is a link to lolawson's email group - you'll find out masses from joining that. I knew about the latest drug from there before the UK vets had even heard of it :mellow:

It is NOT a doom situation but, in my opinion, it is vital to see what kind of cushings it is and to scan/x-ray to check it's not malignant. I've been in the 5% where it was malignant and wouldn't wish that on anybody.

The drugs work wonders and will drastically reduce the symptoms and you will soon be able to easily tell when the dosage needs tweaking.

Hug him from me too, very special boy :wub:

:GroupHug: It is very manageable if you regularly ACTH test and get the dose of meds. right.

First thing is always to do the test to see if it is adrenal or pituitary. Frankly I would insist that that is done. It is usually benign but can be malignant so wise to find out exactly what you're dealing with as opposed to simply managing the symptoms.

Lots of info. out there, a good site:

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/cushing_s_disease.html

Scroll down to the page to the last text box and there is a link to lolawson's email group - you'll find out masses from joining that. I knew about the latest drug from there before the UK vets had even heard of it :mellow:

It is NOT a doom situation but, in my opinion, it is vital to see what kind of cushings it is and to scan/x-ray to check it's not malignant. I've been in the 5% where it was malignant and wouldn't wish that on anybody.

The drugs work wonders and will drastically reduce the symptoms and you will soon be able to easily tell when the dosage needs tweaking.

Hug him from me too, very special boy :wub:

Thanks that's one I haven't found

We'll have more info after Thursday, but according to John it's adrenal rather than pituitary.

John has said that he'll need monitoring to get the dosing right, I'll ask about the other checks etc.

His drinking has gone back to relatively normal levels and I think we both had started to believe it's just Con being Con.

Thanks again for all your thoughts :flowers:

:GroupHug:

X-ray of the chest would be one of the next things to do. If you vaccinate I wouldn't have any more done because of their compromised immune system. If you've only got thirst as a key symptom then you've obviously caught it relatively early :GroupHug:

The drugs (chemo.) are expensive but worth their weight in gold.

Sounds like you have a great vet.