UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Healing Thoughts For Gracie Please

Mrs Mop

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much everyone, Gracie does seem a bit better, she managed to eat most of her tea from her bowl, she couldn't do that this morning. She is trying to follow me round all the time, she won't let me out of her sight which I am letting her do. With humans who have had a stroke the quicker they are walking again the better it is for them.

Gracie is sending everyone a sloppy kiss. :flowers:

I had a terrible night with Gracie, I carried her up to bed which is normal because she isn't capable of getting up stairs herself, put her down by the bedroom door and thought she would follow me as she normally does, more so yesterday. Instead she turned round and walked the other way. I wasn't quick enough and she stepped off the top of the landing. Thankfully she is a rolly polly dog and rolled sidewards down the stairs. I have never been so frightened in my life before.

When I got downstairs she was lying on the floor shaking, I picked her up and kissed and cuddled her and gradually the shaking stopped, it was shock. Even writing it is upsetting me again.

Gracie slept in her normal place at the bottom of my bed, I kept waking up to check if she was breathing about every half an hour. At 5.30am a thump woke me up, thank goodness I had shut the bedroom door which I rarely do, she had fallen off the bed. Picked her up, checked her over and put her back to bed and found it very difficult to go back to sleep.

This morning her eyes are better and she seems better in herself, she ate all her breakfast from her bowl which is a big improvement. Her head isn't as tilted to one side and she seems to walk straighter.

I went through this with hubby in 1996, somehow it is worse with Gracie, a lot can be done for humans but can't for dogs. All I can do is to try and keep her moving as this helps with the recovery. Little madam has just kicked Bonnie out of one of the crates so she can get in. :wub: