UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rick

safneo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The profile tab being permanently open was a bug we found on the test forum and which they did eventually fix so I should imagine they will be able to do so again relatively quickly, as was the lack of permissions thing. The explorer issue is a new bug however as I did all the testing on the test board in explorer but wasn't getting the freezing problem.

Must admit I do like the built in spell checker for posts tho - very useful.

things will not currently work properly

the minify javascript issue is causing a lot of problems and sadly I cant access the part of the admin cp that switches it of.. cos of the minify javascript issue...

am waiting on invision to provide a fix

true to form they upgraded the software at the only point in time where I wasnt near a PC and this is the first opportunity I have had to look at things

I have also disabled a lot of features to try to flush the cahes out so things like pms and seacrh wil not currently work

OK by being a genius (and increadibly modest) I have implimented a workarround.

there will still be some bugs but I have managed to sort out the big one which was the minify javascript one.

I will do more stuff in the morning and then willl start reorganising stuff

Thats fixed the top bar issue in both Chrome & Explorer, explorer is also now working without freezing - however, the huge gaps between posts is still an issue in explorer tho isn't a problem in Chrome. NB: the issue appears to be with the signature boxes rather than with the post box itself.

Smileys have reappared too in explorer :)

Having had a read of rmf with chrome this morning I have found another issue linked to the big gap in posts - with members who have a lot of stuff in the "interests" bit e.g. Wendy (sorry Wendy but it's yours I noticed) their post boxes are longer to incorporate the interests in the side bar leaving large amounts of space under their signature before the next persons post.

i now have to wait for he post upgrade housekeepimg tasks to complete which are going to take several hours before i can carry on with the bug fixes.

most of th eissues raised so far i am aware of and know how to fix so please be patient and wait until i have been able to work on them.

i will start a bugs thread once i have been able to fix the stuff i am aware of

looks pretty cool from here even with shitty internet connection , I am using Firefox as it did not work 100 % with internet explorer

I tried to log in using my facebook account thinking I could link it to my account here but seem to have registered as a new member ?

love the logo and typeface as well

:)

Sometimes when I click on View New Content, its says that there is nothing new. But if I go into e.g. Non Doggie Chat, I see that there are new posts on threads.

When View New Content does show new posts, it doesn't have the Go To Unread Posts box so it's a bit hard to see what threads I'm up to date with.

Otherwise, love the new board :flowers:

You can change the way your new content is supplied to you by going into your settings and changing your search options - you can either have it serve all new content posted since you last logged in OR all threads you havent read.

As the addage goes if it isn't broken then don't fix it & The Refuge certainly wasn't broken prior to "fixing it" :rolleyes:

Had no problems before but despite trying various machines & IE I see acres of white space, get freezing screens / veery slow responses etc. It's okay so far - on this one using firefox but sorry I'm afraid that so far I hate the changes :(